Thread: Motor in boat

jstwkd
    Hey im looking for help I started to change the motor in my 73 eliminator v-hull.Originally had a big block olds in it. putting in a bbc 454.And it seems the headers are going to hit the transum.the olds sat lower on the stingers.How do you measure the mount positions so the drive shaft is straight?

77charger
    what i did in my ford was put the mounts on the block then lower the motor to the stringers then move it little by little then marked where i had to drill.As for the driveline do you have u-joints.If so it can have a little angle on them that is what they are for.

jstwkd
    How about the headers does someone make a taller set?Using rewarder twisty right know.They hit the tansum.

77charger
    how much more do they need to clear your transom.Mine were very close to the splashguard what i did was lift the rear of the motor on mine with a spacer on the rear mountyou can easily gain inch or two.

FoMoCo
    Twisties are the lowest headers they make, I think that the regular headers are quite a bit higher.... I know mine are pretty high.

JEThro
    Travis, Try E-mailing "Heatseeker". He's got all of my Berkeley literature. Theres some good info and diagrams on installing and aligning engines and pumps. Maybe he can scan and send them to you. If not, I'll make some copies and send them to you. Jethro

jstwkd
    Talked to cp preformance today said they regular headers are two inch. taller gonna go with those.Anyone looking for a set of rewarder twisties bbc pretty good shape a little discoloerd no rust polish up real
    nice.$400 ill try and take a photo of them but not sure how to post it?