Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: employment

MellowYelloW
    hey i am looking for a job....i would really like to start working on boats..but i have little experence...if any one could help i would greatly apperciate it.
    thanks again
    brian

flat broke
    I'd be curious to see how this thread develops. I'm sitting in a very precarious position right now with my company and wouldn't mind making a career out of something I enjoy a bit more than VoIP. Lets hear it from the folks who have been there. How does one get his/her start in our industry. Is there a way it can be done and still pay the mortgage?
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

RiverDave2
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I think in the boating industry it's more along the lines of After you get done you can't pay the mortgage. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k
    If it were me I'd just start hitting up all the local shops. God knows there is alot of them in the local area.
    RD

racingrascal
    I would say you would have to know what you wanted to do in the boat business. Gel Coat, Rigger, Sales, Tire inflater, fork lift driver? What is your back ground? Figure out your back and see if it fits in a boat shop. If so go to the factorys and see what they have to offer in your line of work.
    Andy

HBjet
    My boat needs to be washed. You can do that for me. Haha!
    Just kidding, good luck.
    HBjet

Dimarco Kid
    Originally posted by MellowYelloW:
    hey i am looking for a job....i would really like to start working on boats..but i have little experence...if any one could help i would greatly apperciate it.
    thanks again
    brian
    You struck on a good subject. Being here in Maine and getting tired of the same cold ass winters, I was wondering the same thing. I would like to continue in the boat production field, like I do now. I'm a ABYC certified electrician (and a master even though it doesn't matter!) and am currently in the mechanical design division of a local yacht company. Maybe an opening out there for me somewhere? Mellow, if you find a good one and don't want it, let me know!!!! LOL
    D Kid
    P.S. Ultra28, did you catch all that info? Look forward to hearing from you! LOL

Cas
    don't laugh too hard HB, I know of a couple of guys that get $200 a pop for cleaning boats and $400 to clean the bottoms while the boats are in the water. 2 a day isn't too bad of an income.

racingrascal
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    My boat needs to be washed. You can do that for me. Haha!
    Just kidding, good luck.
    HBjet
    He's not kidding, it hasn't been washed since the last time it was in the water. It sits under a big tree next a dirt field with no cover. Under some light that is always on?
    Andy

DickDanger
    Best of luck to ya!!! I know that when I first started detailing boats, it was just for the pure satisfaction and pride of washing, waxing, repair work, etc, I never figured that it would lead to making extra money on the side. But now, detailing has turned into like my second business. Find out exactly what it is that you want to do. -DD out

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by racingrascal:
    I would say you would have to know what you wanted to do in the boat business. Gel Coat, Rigger, Sales, Tire inflater, fork lift driver?
    I wanna be the guy who dresses like Don Johnson (aka Sonny Crocket) and gives test rides in boats I'll never be able to efford. I also want to lie about all of the boats that I'm not selling and how fast they go!
    RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast