Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Boating Season is Screwed

MudPumper
    Not because my boat is broken, but because I am taking a new job. Now I know I'll catch a little shit for this so go ahead. For as along as I can remember I wanted to be a cop and after 5 years of testing with different agencies I just got picked up by the Glendale Police Department. My official start date with the city is this Monday the 20th for a week of pre-academy training and then on Monday the 27th I start the acedemy at STARS Center in Whittier. To add another level of complication to my life I am getting married on the 25th of this month, 2 days before starting the academy. So to say I got a lot of shit going on in my life right now is an understatement, but I couldn't be happier with the way things are going. So pretty much my summer is screwed. I will be trying to make an appearance at CBBB but it all depends on my schedual and how much studying I'll have. I'll try to get on here and keep in touch but I might not be able to take reading all your stories and seeing all the great pics from your weekend boating trips while Im getting yelled at by the Drill Instructors and running and doing push ups in the summer heat. So if I don't see you on the water this summer, pour a little beer out on the ground for your homie who couldn't make it. But don't worry, after Academy and Probation I'll be on the water a lot since we only work 3 days a week and I will be stepping it up a notch to run with you big boys too, so be warned. :devil: :wink:

victorfb
    congradulations on both the new carreer and the marriage. priorities sometime get in the way of recreation but i dont think anyone can blame you on your decision. atta boy and thanks for taking on a carreer that takes so much courage.

LAFD
    Congrats On The New Job If Ya Make It Threw Acadamy. Haha. J/k You'll Make It And It Will All Pay Off For You. Congrats Again.

Hustler
    Great News Mike, Now I got a insider to write off my tickets. hahaha

Liberator TJ1984
    Like they say .......
    If you fail at everything else , You can always become a Cop :coffeycup
    J/K Good Luck on the new Job.....and Be careful

NELSON#109
    yes you will be bussy... i was a sheriff's deputy in ventura county for six years. the academy i went to was one of the only remaining srtess academys in the state. i did it right after i left the marines. it killed six monthes of my life. i did nothing but study and write memos. if yours is anything like mine was, your in for a long haul.... good luck with the job, it can get crazy at times, but it can also be very fun at times. you think the academy is gonna be stressfull, wait till your on patrol training. at least your with a pd, and youll be headed to patrol right outa the academy... i had to spend six monthes in jail & two years in courts and thats a long time to forget what the academy has tought you. too bad your not going to an S.O., id save u a few grand and give you all my old uniforms n split like that. good luck again... nelson#109.... oh, and remember, if theyre worth shooting once.... theyrye worth shooting 10 times. its better to be judged by 12 then caried by six.

ITS ALL GOOD
    Congrats On Both Occassions,in The Long Run It Will Be Worth Missing One Summer.

clownpuncher
    Congrats on your new married life. Great career too!. You're working 3-12's? Almost as good as a fireman schedule. You'll be able to hit the water during the week with all the other cops and firemen.
    Good luck
    Roland

HBjet
    Not because my boat is broken, but because I am getting married on the 25th of this month
    Always read between the lines folks :hammerhea :crossx: :argue:
    HAHA!
    Just messing with you Mud!
    Congrats
    HBjet

Lake Ape

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast