Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L.A. Roadster show this weekend..

KROOZIN
    LA Roadster show at Pomona sat & sun..
    For those of us not able to boat this weekend, there will be some bad a$$ cars on display. I think I read 800 roadsters all pre-36....whew!!
    I'll be there, sitting in the swap area on Saturday, helping a buddy sell his roadster (black & green 32) stop by and say hi
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...5small_pic.jpg

mbrown2
    When is your boat going to be done Krooz?
    Your buddy's got a nice Roadster...my father in law sold a 32 like that about 18 months ago....EFI motor and redone custom from the ground up topped with Yellow Vette paint...

KROOZIN
    When is your boat going to be done Krooz?
    Your buddy's got a nice Roadster...my father in law sold a 32 like that about 18 months ago....EFI motor and redone custom from the ground up topped with Yellow Vette paint...
    My boat is leaving Tues. for Michigan, for the summer. I'm going to do some poker runs back there and have them help me dial it in. I want to have it back out here for September....it's too damn hot here July & Aug without the bimini anyway!
    Can I ask how much your father in law got for it? This one is fiberglass with a ZR-1 motor..

INSman
    Dan
    You thinking about some ocean stuff in September, or lake only ??

KROOZIN
    Dan
    You thinking about some ocean stuff in September, or lake only ??
    Well after reading that thread (in bench racers) I better stick to the ocean (lol)
    I want to hit the lake for sure (it's too fun there) and maybe some San Diego too...Marriott has a nice hotel and pool right on the waterfront with docks
    Possibly a few Mead trips too....I'd like to explore that lake some more
    That's alot of trips in one month l.o.l. so, I guess I'll be boating thru thanksgiving

mbrown2
    My boat is leaving Tues. for Michigan, for the summer. I'm going to do some poker runs back there and have them help me dial it in. I want to have it back out here for September....it's too damn hot here July & Aug without the bimini anyway!
    Can I ask how much your father in law got for it? This one is fiberglass with a ZR-1 motor..
    It had the Camaro Z28 TPI motor in it....Lost his job here in Cali so he had to put it up for sale...had it listed for 40K+ for several months....ended up getting just above 30K for it...from a guy up north....too bad he had to sell it...I am thinking about having him put together a 67is Camaro for me...he has done 3-4 cars in the last 10 years...early 50's Ford Truck, 70's El Camino, and a couple 32 coupe's...He is in AZ now and probably ready for another project.
    Good luck on the boating back east...probably good you are going where it is cooler cause we would laugh at you with a Bimini on the skater.. :wink:

KROOZIN
    It had the Camaro Z28 TPI motor in it....Lost his job here in Cali so he had to put it up for sale...had it listed for 40K+ for several months....ended up getting just above 30K for it...from a guy up north....too bad he had to sell it...I am thinking about having him put together a 67is Camaro for me...he has done 3-4 cars in the last 10 years...early 50's Ford Truck, 70's El Camino, and a couple 32 coupe's...He is in AZ now and probably ready for another project.
    Good luck on the boating back east...probably good you are going where it is cooler cause we would laugh at you with a Bimini on the skater.. :wink:
    Thanks for the info...sounds like he's got good taste in cars, 67 camaro would be fun..
    Well if I can't run a bimini, and I can't go in the gorge to find a nice beach....I guess I'll have to get a big ol' sombrero and a battery powered fan

Steamin' Rice
    Kroozin, you're not doing the SCOPE poker run in Aug?? :supp:

orange picker
    LA Roadster show at Pomona sat & sun..
    For those of us not able to boat this weekend, there will be some bad a$$ cars on display. I think I read 800 roadsters all pre-36....whew!!
    I'll be there, sitting in the swap area on Saturday, helping a buddy sell his roadster (black & green 32) stop by and say hi
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...5small_pic.jpg
    Kroozin Ill be their sunday with my pop we go every year, By the way he just sold a 32 high boy roadster with a 540 big block for 60,000 amazing it was fiberglass also

INSman
    Well after reading that thread (in bench racers) I better stick to the ocean (lol)
    I want to hit the lake for sure (it's too fun there) and maybe some San Diego too...Marriott has a nice hotel and pool right on the waterfront with docks
    Possibly a few Mead trips too....I'd like to explore that lake some more
    That's alot of trips in one month l.o.l. so, I guess I'll be boating thru thanksgiving
    I am definitely interested in either the San Diego deal and Mead if there is room for me in your group !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast