Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Power Cruiser" discussion

SPECTRABRENT
    CrazyHippy,
    I own a Spectra 20 (MOONSHINE) that won the 1981 Catalina Ski race and it has a 468 Chevy with Gentry Twin Turbos, it ran 96 mph.
    Maybe someone knows, but my Spectra maybe the last boat under 21 feet to win the Catalina Ski race.
    FYI, the Howard 21 is the same hull as the Spectra 20. Howard Brown COPIED not spashed the Spectra 20 along with about every other boat company in the 1970's. Howard did change the deck in 1986.
    If you are going to ski race and compete with the big dogs, I would buy a Hallett 210 with a big outdrive and turbos.
    Brent

MoJetBoPar
    Cheetah made a few daycruisers too. Probably a splash of another brand.

ENDLESS
    The rayson craft does everything and it goes fast on glass or rough stuff. I know several people who have them and they all go over 100 with 800-900 hp. I also own one and I would put it up against any of these other cruisers.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    The Rayson works well...I used to have a Vector and it was awsome...But I like my Cole because you dont see many...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    This has been discussed here and there before, but i want to have it all in one spot, and easy to refer to in the future.
    What is the difference (in actuality, not theory) between all the cruisers?
    Eliminator double steps
    Hallett Vectors
    Schiada's 20 and 21'
    Spectra
    Campbell
    Connelly
    Rush
    DiMarco
    Howard 19, 20 and 21
    Any I missed (sorry)
    I'm not overly concerned w/ the history behind them and who's is a splash of what etc, because im not buying new and supporting the slacker.
    What runs the fastest on say 800HP? How about rough water? Build quality? Interior space? (2 buckets and a bench is fine) Anythign else that i should know?
    Thanks
    BJH
    I have been shooting GN races for many years and have seen nearly every boat in your comparo racing against each other at one time or another. The 20 foot Rayson Craft GN (I think is really 19.6) has been IMO the fastest best handling and most successful boat of all of them and an argument can be made for the 21 Rayson also. I would put the rush next.
    I don't know why more people don't make play boats out of them. The fastest cruiser I've ever seen at the river is Bud Simi's (I think he sold it) 20 ft. Rayson GN with a 540 and old school carbureted turbos. Sneed has one for sale in another thread.
    Jerry

Boat211
    I agree Bud had a darn fast boat. But I wonder why we dont see more Rayson's out there. From what I have heard, they dont leave real good water for ski racing but I have never experinced this myself, only what I have heard. But never the less, they are fast.

ENDLESS
    I think the reason you dont see too many is because there are not to many around any more. Rudy seems to know where they all are. Many of these boats were race boats and most people don't want a race boat for a family/play boat.

Obsessive Compulsive
    I have been shooting GN races for many years and have seen nearly every boat in your comparo racing against each other at one time or another. The 20 foot Rayson Craft GN (I think is really 19.6) has been IMO the fastest best handling and most successful boat of all of them and an argument can be made for the 21 Rayson also. I would put the rush next.
    I don't know why more people don't make play boats out of them. The fastest cruiser I've ever seen at the river is Bud Simi's (I think he sold it) 20 ft. Rayson GN with a 540 and old school carbureted turbos. Sneed has one for sale in another thread.
    Jerry
    I know bud, real cool dude. We were crusing back from topack, after having lunch, you know know , liquid lunch. So I figured I'd get him on turbo lag, No way, he cooked my goose. His shit is, was, bad.

lucky
    Jerry
    fI just called him day before yesterday to ask a question - he doen'snt know me from adam , but he still helps ! cool dude

GofastRacer
    I agree Bud had a darn fast boat. But I wonder why we dont see more Rayson's out there. From what I have heard, they dont leave real good water for ski racing but I have never experinced this myself, only what I have heard. But never the less, they are fast.
    You don't see that many 19'6" because back in the day Rudy woudn't make you a boat other than for GN racing!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast