Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: My Magic Adventure.....

Magic34
    NB, thats cool that you feel customer service was great. New boat/trailer, less then 200 miles on the trailer, wheel snaps off and you consider it "GREAT" customer service and props to Magic? :idea:
    My .02 on th trailer issue..... When I picked up my boat last month, they had a checklist of items that they go over with you and make you sign (at least they did when I picked my boat up). One of those items was check the lugs every 100 miles. I said sure, right, like I'm really going to do that. I drove to Vicksberg exit (Havasu to PHX route) about 100 miles or so. I was filling the truck up with gas and looked at the trailer while filling, then thought, just check them for the hell of it. It took me 10-15 mintues to tighten all of them. Some were fairly loose. I personally watched the guys tighten them just before driving off, and because the trailer was new, it needs to be done just the way they did. Once I got back to PHX, I checked again, and loose lugs again, yet not as bad, but still needed to be tightened. Everytime I check now, there are less and less loose, but I have now put about 600 miles on the trailer.
    Check you new trailers!!!
    By the way, NB, your boat looks great!

Kilrtoy
    My .02 on th trailer issue..... When I picked up my boat last month, they had a checklist of items that they go over with you and make you sign (at least they did when I picked my boat up). One of those items was check the lugs every 100 miles. I said sure, right, like I'm really going to do that. I drove to Vicksberg exit (Havasu to PHX route) about 100 miles or so. I was filling the truck up with gas and looked at the trailer while filling, then thought, just check them for the hell of it. It took me 10-15 mintues to tighten all of them. Some were fairly loose. I personally watched the guys tighten them just before driving off, and because the trailer was new, it needs to be done just the way they did. Once I got back to PHX, I checked again, and loose lugs again, yet not as bad, but still needed to be tightened. Everytime I check now, there are less and less loose, but I have now put about 600 miles on the trailer.
    That sounds rather odd, that they keep coming loose...... Granted mine says the same thing and I checked them and they were all tight....

NashvilleBound
    Thank you. And yes...same thing. I stopped at discount before I left town and had them check them while my truck was being worked on.... they were ok but they did find some loose ones. When I stopped after i lost the wheel all were tight. To me it is obviousely loose lugs is why it came off like it did...breaking the studs and all. I checked them for the next 5 or 6 gas stops...all tight. I reccommend the same thing...CHECK LUGS!!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415