Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Party of the year

Sleek468
    Maybe 737Jetmech or Hammer can shed some light on this......anyways it's next weekend, are you going?
    Are you going?

wideopen545
    big water is not for me
    sorry :supp:

Sleek468
    there was a guy last year with a boat just like yours and he said he had no problem, plus theres a ramp right in the harbor across from the Inn.

HammerDown
    Doubt it.
    Thanks for the support... :notam: .
    Actually it is in that cove pictured above in the heart of Chesapeake City. Once your in it great, but that cove will be packed...and the channel to and from will be rough as a mo-fo from big boat traffic. So unless one has a boat with some substantial freeboard it could get ugly fast.
    Yes there is a ramp right in the harbor across from the Inn. But where's the fun in a one minute boat ride?
    Rat...a great little town to walk around and go (Antiquing)... also some of the best crabs and seafood from a place called The Tap Room! Best Mussels in Red over pasta ever!

Wet Dream
    Thanks for the support... :notam: .
    Didn't mean anything negative, but the wife is on call this weekend and with the 4th being the weekend after...I doubt I'm going. Would I take the jet? No. The blue boat? Maybe. Or might even just take the car there and walk around. The rooms were about $130/ night. Next year is even a bigger possibility.

hydrostream'n
    there was a guy last year with a boat just like yours and he said he had no problem, plus theres a ramp right in the harbor across from the Inn.
    I may go to make up for missing Anna. I also want to meet up with some Bay boaters anyway. Any chance I could meet up with you somewhere Sleek468 or anyone else? Where would be the best place to put in to avoid the boat ramp rush? I can deal with a little chop and big boat wake but not to much. I have a bigger boat now, 21' Checkmate which should do better then my 15' Hydrostream, but it's still not a big water boat. It will handle the chop/wake better then the jet/v-drive race boats though ;-)

Wet Dream
    Hammer, my "I doubt it" post was not about you knowing about any info, it was about whether I'm going or not. Sorry about that.

Sleek468
    I may go to make up for missing Anna. I also want to meet up with some Bay boaters anyway. Any chance I could meet up with you somewhere Sleek468 or anyone else? Where would be the best place to put in to avoid the boat ramp rush? I can deal with a little chop and big boat wake but not to much. I have a bigger boat now, 21' Checkmate which should do better then my 15' Hydrostream, but it's still not a big water boat. It will handle the chop/wake better then the jet/v-drive race boats though ;-)
    Yea, I'll be be at the boat ramp at about 9 in the morning to beat all the big traffic. I'm not sure what ramp I'm using yet, but I think Delaware City ramp might be the best. It's only a short ride to the party. I think a buddy of mine is going to meet me at the mouth of the canal so I can follow him. He's got a 22' scarab, so the wake won't be that bad. These other guy's will do 100 mph in their boats but are scared of a little wave, I can't understand it? If you wan't to meet me you can e-mail me and I can give you a better idea of what's going on.

737jetmech
    We went on Friday last year ... The cove was already packed! Many beads were exchanged ... Crazy time !

Wet Dream
    How about some pics, or an update?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast