Thread: Eliminator Daytona

BIGGER=FASTER
    I'm looking to build up a little rocket of my own. I wan't to build up a jet and I've been looking at the Daytona 21. My dad says I should stick to the 19 if not just ignore the pickle fork style all together. He says the style is just plain useless, that it's a waste of space and really doesn't do much in a race. I personally don't care if it's not the fastest thing in a straight line. I'd rather have a more comfortable boat than an uncomfortable rocket. As long as I'm not getting the crap kicked out of me when I decide to race I don't really care. I was just curious if the daytona 21 would seat 4 comfortably with a big 454 in it and if it's a nice hull. Also if anyone has a hull or one with a blown engine please drop me an e-mail, or post a pic in a reply. I don't care about the engine the hull is what I'm interested in.

jet4fun
    BIGGER=FASTER:
    I was just curious if the daytona 21 would seat 4 comfortably with a big 454 in it and if it's a nice hull. Also if anyone has a hull or one with a blown engine please drop me an e-mail, or post a pic in a reply. I don't care about the engine the hull is what I'm interested in. i would have to say yes to your questions... from what it sounds like you are looking for, the 21 daytona is a perfect choice... unfortunately i would have to say not to listen to your dad at this time... dont go for the 19 if you want to seat 4, it aint gonna happen... as far as racing, its a good hull too, maybe not the most popular for drag-racing but there are people that do it quite successfully... just ask marty stretch who races "stretch limo" in the NJBA
    some places to look for boats besides your local ads are: ***boat.com , dragboats.com , boattrader.com

BIGGER=FASTER
    hey man thanks,
    I kinda thought my dad was off. by the way do you know if the 21 is a deep hull or a shallow one. I mean as far as from the floor your feet are on to the top of the fiber-glass. I just wanna check so I can figure out some seating arrangements. This is because I've looked at a few 4 seated ones and I can't tell.

dcb 26 machman
    The 21 daytona is a shallow boat and with a jet 4 people are tight. Adults in the back will not have much leg room to speek of. But i would forsure stay in the 21 foot range and a cat forsure.Just my opion.

HammerDown
    Bigger=Faster...I have a 1983 21 Daytona...the boat rides GREAT in the same water that pounds most 19-21' V Bottom jets to death. I did a pump setback myself and it moved the rear bench seat back almost 8"...that turned out to be a added BIG plus for gaining room back there. The 19 foot Daytona is a rocket...I see a few where I'm at but there a very small boat with very low freeboard, and the rear bench is,well best for the little ones. My friends always taking small waves over the back when were at the beach and really must be carefull he dosent get swamped.
    One thing to think about.. a tunnel the hull dosent come to life in a BB 21' Jet until upper mph, at higher speeds when it packs air they just get better and better...now with the 18-20 V bottom they seem to do better when cruising around a slower speeds. Also my 21 Daytona turns on rails...kinda neet!
    If there's any questions I can help you with e-mail me.
    [ March 13, 2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Charley
    I had a 21 Daytona with a 300 Hp outboard on it...... you might consider doing the outboard it makes ALOT more room in that boat and will RUN with a 2 stroker.......whatever you do you definitely want the rear splash panel around the engine area.... one bad thing about the 19 and 21 Daytona is the freeboard

HavasuDreamin'
    BIGGER=FASTER:
    My dad says I should stick to the 19 if not just ignore the pickle fork style all together. He says the style is just plain useless, that it's a waste of space and really doesn't do much in a race. The 19' Eliminator Daytona is the most successful jet drag boat of all times. It is a picklefork. So as for your dad's comments, he is totally and completely 100% WRONG. He is correct in that you have less room in the pickles than in similar size V-Bottom's, but if you want a big block tunnel, you have to sacrafice something.
    You are definately on the right track in looking at the 21' Elim. Vs. the 19' Elim. The 19' should be set up with 2 buckets. IMHO, trying to cram a back seat in there is like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. I think you will find, that if properly set up, a 21' Elim. Tunnel with a healthy big block will seat four and perform up to your expectations and then some. Good Luck!

BIGGER=FASTER
    well charley I actually was trying to avoid props cause if you've been to the river between blythe and parker, you'll know it's not really prop friendly. especially where I am between aha quinn and the water wheel. so thanks for the suggestion, and I must admit I love props but, it's gonna be as much of a hassel as my dad's Sleekcraft SST. Which he's selling because of this factor. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME ABOUT THE SALE BECAUSE HE'S IN NO HURRY TO LEAVE HIS BABY.

syke-o