Thread: Lake Oroville-Info requested

Familycat
    We are going to Lake Oroville next week for the first time. We are staying at Bidwell Canyon. No kids, me and my wife only. Any suggestions on hot spots, do and don'ts, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We will be in our blue 22 Daytona. Anyone going? If you see us, introduce yourself and I will have a frosty beverage for you. Rick

Robbie Racer
    Rick, Oroville is a great lake to boat on. Do you need motor home hookups? If so, Bidwell is okay. If not, Loafer Creek has a better camp ground and better camping conditions in my opinion. Once you get on the water, be sure to go under the bridge out from Bidwell (take the left fork after passing under the bridge) and go all the way back up to the end of the canyon. You will first get to a no ski area for a couple of miles then a long 5 mph zone but you should be able to see the falls at this time of the year. Also, a run up to Lime Saddle Marina is a nice run too. What days are you going to be there?
    Keith

Familycat
    Thanks for the info. We don't need hook-ups but they are nice. We are doing a last minute tag-along with some friends. They are leaving tomorrow for a week. We are leaving Thursday night for the weekend.
    Rick

MOBrien
    watch out for butt pirates.....errrrr, logs in the water. There may be a fair amount of debris still from all the rain & high water level.
    Beautiful lake....have a great time out there.

Sherpa
    logs in the water is a major understatement........
    there's gonna be a crapload of it in the water.... drive cautious...........
    alot of it collects in the north-end of the lake (lime saddle/northfork area)
    --have fun!
    --Sherpa