Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some advice.

abraman1326
    It did not have an extention for the p/u. It was out of a jet boat from a freind that went to a 454.

Don't overlook the oil filter, it could be bad. I've seen Fram filters cause a 15-20lb loss because they are junk. Before you go pulling the engine try another filter, may save you alot of work.

abraman1326
    Don't overlook the oil filter, it could be bad. I've seen Fram filters cause a 15-20lb loss because they are junk. Before you go pulling the engine try another filter, may save you alot of work.
    I'll be trying that this week. My plan was to change the oil, and screw up a new filter, if there was no change, I'll then be looking at the pump. I'm going to try and get to the pump from underneath, and hope I can get to it w/o pulling another motor. At least if I do have to pull it, I won't have to lift it very high to get to everything. We had to use a forklift to get it in and out b/c the boat sits so high...
    BRA

I'll be trying that this week. My plan was to change the oil, and screw up a new filter,
    Excellent starting point. Make sure you use a different brand filter.
    if there was no change, I'll then be looking at the pump. I'm going to try and get to the pump from underneath, and hope I can get to it w/o pulling another motor.
    I cant even imagine trying to do that IN the boat! Just pull the engine, put it on a stand and do it right. If you have to go that far make sure you check the pickup-to-pan clearance.
    Getting back to the pan....Are you sure it is for a jetboat? What brand is it? I have a real hard time believing that a jet pan for a Ford would NOT have moved the oil pickup to the rear.

abraman1326
    Madelon is the brand name on the pan. He didn't give me anything to move the p/u to the rear. Am I missing something? I hate to sound like a total idiot here, but I am not the most expierenced w/ big blocks.
    BRA

Madelon is the brand name on the pan.....
    Do you mean "Milodon"?

abraman1326
    Yeah, sorry, I'm at work, and don't have it in front of me. I knew it started w/ an M. Like I said, I'm not the most expierenced w/ this. I'm learning as I go. I did learn not to get another 455 Olds as I blew 3 of them in 5 trips to the lake. Damn heave foot...
    BRA

Funny my Olds lasted 20+ years. On its final trip to Berryessa, I tried like hell to blow it up but couldn't. Still running in someone else's boat. Of course,I wouldn't build another.....
    The Milodon website, www.milodon.com (http://www.milodon.com ) , doesn't specify if they use an extended pickup. Might try giving them a call 805 577-5950

abraman1326
    I just had some bad luck. I held the 1st one WOT for about 20 min runnin to catch some friends. Made it to the bouys at Markley on Berryessa, and it just let go. I was told afterward that they have oiling problems. Oil get's up top, but they don't have the return. It was a great motor till that afternoon. You said you run up at Berryessa, where on the lake do you like to go?
    BRA

abraman1326
    I just had some bad luck. I held the 1st one WOT for about 20 min runnin to catch some friends. Made it to the bouys at Markley on Berryessa, and it just let go. I was told afterward that they have oiling problems. Oil get's up top, but they don't have the return. It was a great motor till that afternoon. You said you run up at Berryessa, where on the lake do you like to go?
    I will check into it more, thank you for the link, and phone number...
    BRA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast