Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for rear airbag setup???

sigepmock
    Hey guys I'm looking for ideas and pics of rear Airbag set-ups. I am building the new truck and have seen a few pics of trucks with a cantilevered air bag setups, one with the bags mounted horrizontally, with a pivot and links connected to the axle. I am trying to find a clean install for my overload/helper air bags not the standard . Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Beer-30
    Cantilevered is that many more joints / pivot points to fail later on. I have had my AirLift set on for almost 7 years now with no failures (now I did it!).
    On things that aren't that visible (sure you can see it on your 4X, but not that much) I prefer to keep it simple. JMO.

sigepmock
    I hear you on that. I just didn't like the way the bags looked on the last truck and they really seemed to limit axle movment. I was always afraid that everytime I took the truck off road I would tear the bags. Here's the old set-up:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...95bags-med.jpg
    Chris

Beer-30
    Well, I am by no means an expert on the subject. I just like the way mine work. Don't have room for a canti anyway, so it's not like I have a choice.
    Mine are just like your old setup, the assist the leafs. Mine is all buried, though. You gotta really crane your head up under there to see mine.

garret
    if you want ti do it yourself i am willing to give you a hand and have contacts for parts i am in LaVerne and have done several of these before.
    My truck and boat are going to be featured in Truckin mag in a few months. built the truck myself fully air bagged. If you want some help call me 909 772 8745

sigepmock
    if you want ti do it yourself i am willing to give you a hand and have contacts for parts i am in LaVerne and have done several of these before.
    My truck and boat are going to be featured in Truckin mag in a few months. built the truck myself fully air bagged. If you want some help call me 909 772 8745
    Sweet!! Thanks Garret. I think I know how I want to set mine up but I'd love some more ideas. I'm going to keep the leaf springs, I had Deaver build me a nice soft set, and use the bags for help when towing. I'll give you a call, if nothing else just to come over and see your set-up.
    Thanks again,
    Chris

sigepmock
    Anyone seen duffster? I really liked the setup on the truck he bought from Jay. I got pics of the front coil-overs just didn't keep the ones for the rear set-up. You out there duffster?
    Chris

sigepmock
    Thanks that's just what I needed. How's the truck doing? Still Bad A$$ as always??

duffster
    Thanks that's just what I needed. How's the truck doing? Still Bad A$$ as always??
    Everything is going good just trying to figure out the black smoke issue when I stomp on it when towing. The crap gets all over my boat and it's driving me nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast