Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for rear airbag setup???

garret
    Here you go.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...55P3232958.JPG
    Too bad those traction bars make your truck ride like crap.
    Acompany by the name of ORU or Off Road Unlimited makes the best riding traction bars. You can maintain a good ride and keep it over the axel which will give you the most load carrying capacity. The way you have picture sucks.

duffster
    Acompany by the name of ORU or Off Road Unlimited makes the best riding traction bars. You can maintain a good ride and keep it over the axel which will give you the most load carrying capacity. The way you have picture sucks.
    If my truck had ORU traction bars on it would look like every lifted HD going down the road plus I hate bolt-on Pepboys crap.

sigepmock
    That's a rather bold statement seeing as how you've never ridden in that truck. I would disagree, it's probably once one the best riding trucks around. If you're referring to the single bar type traction bar riding like crap, I'd like you to elaborate on why you think they make a truck ride like crap. I've been doing a lot of research and do not see how they can affect the ride if properly set-up. The traction bars that ORU sells are a "Ladder bar" style and while they provide the best control of the axle in terms of rotating, they can actually limit the articulation of the rear axle side to side. Don't get me wrong they are a great product and I almost built a similar set-up, but the added complexity, the limited movement, and the inability to tranfer the load from the bags to the rear axle changed my mind. Any of the traction bar(actually anti axle wrap bars) can cause problems if not properly set-up but I think that's obvious.
    Please enlighten me,
    Chris

riverbound
    I know when Jay owned that truck I drove it a couple times and that is one of the best riding trucks I have driven. and as far as load capacity....Have you seen Jay's boat?

duffster
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../1355truck.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...55P3232951.JPG
    I think it rides better than stock and I'm sure Jay will back me.
    Thanks Sig Ep Mock and Riverbound for sticking up.

sigepmock
    No problem Duffster, I was reading some of the other posts by Garret, I think he just like to stir the shit or else maybe he's just an a-hole :2purples: Either way he's lost all credibility with me.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12