Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mead, where to beach?

Eliminator89
    Hello all! I've been lurking for a while and decided to join the fun. I also need some help!
    I've got a houseboat set up for Lake Mead out of Calville Bay for the week of June 27th. I've houseboated many times on Powell but never on Meade. Once I'm out of the Marina, where's the best place to go. We have the houseboat, ski boat and a couple of Ski's. Two families with young kids. Looking for a place as protected from the wind as possible with a good beach and open area for tubing and skiing. We want to be close enough to the marina for gas runs but out of the traffic.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks

dicudmore
    either go through the narrows towards temple bar (marina w/gas etc)
    nice beaches that way, or there is a cove known as A-hole beach just outside Callville that last I knew was still a good sandy beach but it has the name A-hole beach for a reason... prob fine during the week.
    Beach/anchor the house boat so it faces north/south for wind protection :wink:

OutCole'd
    Also ask the people running the houseboat store. They usually have a map and can point out the best places.

rmarion
    Also ask the people running the houseboat store. They usually have a map and can point out the best places.
    DITTO

hotlavey
    either go through the narrows towards temple bar (marina w/gas etc)
    nice beaches that way, or there is a cove known as A-hole beach just outside Callville that last I knew was still a good sandy beach but it has the name A-hole beach for a reason... prob fine during the week.
    Beach/anchor the house boat so it faces north/south for wind protection :wink:
    I agree. Through the narrows and turn right towards Temple Bar. Some great coves and beaches on the left across from Temple.

scarabrick2
    check over at www. las vegas hot boats.com They will give you insite.

Raisin Wake
    Head out to Gregg Basin, past Temple Bar. Some great beaches around Sand Point and great, smooth, water.

Eliminator89
    Bump!!!!
    Hey guys, I'm heading out on Monday. How's the weather out at Mead. Is the wind blowing??
    We're headed out of Calville Bay. We'll turn east and head through the channel. I don't particularly like the Overton arm because the shore line is so mucky. Is it better over by temple bar?
    Does anyone know of specific beaches that I should head for?
    Thanks

burtandnancy
    My kids called last nite, a bit breezy for them. As far as the houseboat goes, If you come out of Callville, just a few miles up river towards the narrows is Rotary Cove with a few good beaches, and lots of skiing coves right there. Its close back for food/fuel/ice if you need it. The beaches near Temple Bar are nice, but a lot of time to get there and back at 4 MPH. Forget the Overtom arm at this time, the beaches are not good at this water level. Speaking of water levels, don't get beached overnight, the lake levels are dropping daily. Give your houseboat/pleasure boats some slack at night.

green with envy
    Hey Burt have not seen you in a while are you going to be up there over the 4th. We are going up on tuesday. Went to Yosimite and visited don padro just got back looks like a cool lake. Cold for me, got spoiled with the warm water at mead. If your going look us up we will be at hablin or mid point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast