Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Shoemaker no longer jet tech?

Harlem
    I personally have not dealed with Greg, only cause I have someone else that is just as good work on mine. But I can say this, My old boss is a neighbor of Gregs in Corona and had a buddy of his take his Eliminator cat to have a new motor built cause he blew his blown 502. He needed it done that week cause he had an important river trip that weekend, and paid a grip of cash to make sure it was done. Got the boat backthat Friday went to Havasu and blew the motor the first hour out! Took it to a local shop in Havasu (not sure what shop) they tore the motor apart and found out alot of used parts were used to build this $30,000. motor! He was not too happy! Just thought I would share that story.
    Ryan

HBjet
    Originally posted by Harlem:
    I personally have not dealed with Greg, only cause I have someone else that is just as good work on mine. But I can say this, My old boss is a neighbor of Gregs in Corona and had a buddy of his take his Eliminator cat to have a new motor built cause he blew his blown 502. He needed it done that week cause he had an important river trip that weekend, and paid a grip of cash to make sure it was done. Got the boat backthat Friday went to Havasu and blew the motor the first hour out! Took it to a local shop in Havasu (not sure what shop) they tore the motor apart and found out alot of used parts were used to build this $30,000. motor! He was not too happy! Just thought I would share that story.
    Ryan
    I'm sure there is just a littlr more to that story then what is posted. For someone to rebuild a blown motor in one week is pretty good when your as busy as GS is. I'm sure they didn't have time to dyno it, and I'm sure your buddy was aware of that. Now, did he build a completely new motor, not using anything from the old motor? How do you know your buddy didn't change the pully for more power and blew it up himself? Anyway, I really believe there is a lot more to this.
    HBjet

JESSE
    I HAVE NEVER MEET THE GUY BUT I DID
    CALL THIRE LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR MY
    JACUZZI PUMP. THE GRIL THAT ANSWER
    THE PHONE WAS VERY NICE. SHE TOLD
    ME THAT I WOULD HAVE TO TALK TO
    GREG.HE WAS REALLY COOL EXPLANED WHAT
    THE PART WAS WHAT IT DID. HE TOLD ME
    THAT HE WOULD HAVE TO ORDER THE PART
    WHEN I TOLD HIM I NEEDED IT THAT DAY
    HE GAVE ME THE # TO ANOTHER SHOPE THAT
    HAD THE PART IN STOCK.VERY COOL IF YOU
    ASK ME.

tahitijet
    I talked with Greg last week.. His secratary and himslef were very nice to talk with. Greg unlike most everyone else i have talked to never once tried to rush me through the conversation.. He wanted to make sure i understood exactly what he was saying and why. and covered areas i had not thought about when i asked the question.
    From time to time we all feel like we got screwed by someone one way or another. Sometimes that warrants being publicly posted to help our fellow boaters out and give them a warning of whats going on in the industry
    Now some of you may disagree but it really sounds like he has not done anything that hasn't happend at any other shop at any giving time. There are alot of new boaters that come onto the list and alot of lurkers. I don't belive this is the place for the bad remarks about Greg or his company, Thats what the BBB is for. I guess it's one thing to tell everyone the problem but in the last 4 or 5 post i have read concerning GS you guys are personally attacking him. IS this the right place for that?
    Sorry for the book.

SK48
    Raced jet circle's in the 70's & 80's Jack at marine performance designed is the best, also Harold at R&D knows his stuff. Great luck with both of them, glad to see the change in the jet boat column.
    r

Harlem
    I dont know Greg personally, I was just going off of what my boss told me. Who knows the guy might of went out and full throttle without even breaking in the cam! Thats just what I've heard. I've also heard good things about G&S He does get alot of business!
    Harlem

Flat Screwd
    Some of you Cen Cal guys might want to consider Walt ***boat in Modesto. As far as I'm concernd hes been fair with his prices and puts together a dam good pump.He is not partial to just one dealer and will use just the best parts . His custom loader grates are by far the best . And even a better price than CP pro loader that really didnt seem to work that well for me.

OneBadScorpion
    Sure seems we're passing on alot of "hearsay" of how good or not how good Greg is.
    I've previously posted my experiences with Greg and like previously stated "I don't" need to defend him in any manner. Any work he has ever done has been new parts, quality work and some of the soundest advise I've ever received.
    If it wouldnt be for Greg Shoemaker and Duane Oblander of Hi-Tech here in Wichita, I'd gotten out of jets long ago, but I've always "GONE TO THE BEST" and passed up the rest. I've owned Jets since my very first sleekcraft in '72 to current date now still owning a 75 Taylor SS and a 89 Eliminator Scorpion--I've never been dealt wrong with Greg and I'd recommend him on the bassis of the great work he and Duane Oblander have done for me in some 30+ years of owning jets! Greg Keep up the good work and advise ya provide. And I don't own a M/C/Visa or AE--cash and neither of them have never taken advantage of me.
    Dave

Cas
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    I'm sure there is just a littlr more to that story then what is posted. For someone to rebuild a blown motor in one week is pretty good when your as busy as GS is. I'm sure they didn't have time to dyno it, and I'm sure your buddy was aware of that. Now, did he build a completely new motor, not using anything from the old motor? How do you know your buddy didn't change the pully for more power and blew it up himself? Anyway, I really believe there is a lot more to this.
    HBjet
    there has to be a LOT more to this story...a $30,000.00 rebuild in a week? c'mon, I can't and won't believe that. I think would have been something more along the lines of, "I need this engine this weekend."
    "Sorry, can't do that, not enough time."
    "ok, how about just fixing the broken part and I'll fix the rest later."
    "I really don't like to do that."
    "c'mon, I won't blame you for anything, I just need it fixed by this weekend."
    "well, ok, I guess but I can't guarantee it'll work for more than an hour."
    "that's ok, I'll take my chances."
    "Looks like your cam is broken, we'll need to put a new cam and lifters in."
    "no thanks, the lifters are still pretty new, just change the cam."
    "it'll be $300.00 either way, with or without lifters."
    "forget the lifters, I don't need them."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123