Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Shoemaker no longer jet tech?

EDROE
    Riverhore you should change your name to RiverIdiot. As far as union drivers, you must be an under paid no workers rights moron. Now get back under the dock you stinkin TROLL.

Heatseeker
    I hope that ***boat doesn't drop the v-drive tech. I had the chance to meet Mr. Wilkes in April and he is one of the nicest, most knoledgable(v-drive)guys I've ever met. We went in with a question cocerning outboard steering on my nephews picklefork and left 2 hours later with the info we needed and much more!
    I hope any v-drive guys that read this board(come on, I know some of you guys read the jet board)keep him busy with some questions.

lostlake
    I've know Greg for some time now, and have used his shop more than once, and it is true that he has his mechanics do the work, and he overseas everthing that is done in the shop, I am having my new deck boat rigged by GS and it is right on Schedule to take delivery on Time, ( Labor Day Weekend) and when it is done it will be of quailty work with attention to detail, Now come-on guys how many of you own a company and actually do the physcial work, if you do maybe your not doing bussiness as well as you could. Most true owners that have a sucesfull bussiness usually make sure everyone that is employed is knowelable in the field that they are working in and checks out there work on a regular basis. And as far as the Rigger that is rigging my boat, he is great, wires under the dash routed beautifully, all bolts thur bolted, I could go on and on but that enough for now.. just my 2...
    [This message has been edited by lostlake (edited August 16, 2001).]

rivercrazy
    There are many boat companies where the owner is still out there busting their rump on a day to day basis.
    A few that come to mind are Essex (rigging and gelcoats), Shockwave (Bob does the rigging, Mancini does the Gelcoats), Lavey, etc. This is a big plus in my opinion as they remain involved in what made them originally successful in the first place.

racingrascal
    First of all well said Edroe! Second anybody that owns a business that sits on thier hands and watch the day go by doesn't sit there very long. I know a lot of people that own small and large business and they watch there employees do the work and they do work them selfs. You don't just hire all the right people and go home to watch tv. You do and you are another small company bk! Just my .02.
    Andy

wrightnow
    Riverhore or whoever you are, if you don’t have the balls to user your real handle then don’t bother posting (I see you created this handle just for the post).
    And yes I know who I’m dealing with Mr. Greg Shoemaker. I don’t discount Greg’s knowledge, ability and his accomplishments. I have met him many times and find him to a very personable guy. But I believe in ‘Say what your going to do and do what you said you would’ and this seems to be where Greg has fallen.
    This sometimes happens with growth and the person who builds the company no longer controls the quality.
    When you sign-up for a gig like Jet-tech in Hot Boat you must expect to offer some amount of free advise to all the readers. If his secretary was placing so many calls to other vendor for info then Greg should have given their phone numbers in his column for all of us to call.
    I see that Greg has started another thread and I’m glad he finally has come to this board to hear what’s going on in his own company (or what’s not happening).
    I hope this has en-lighten you a little (but I doubt it) this is just my option and I’m not hiding behind a handle
    Later…Mark Wright

fat rat
    Lostlake you won't be disappointed with quality and wokmanship that is going into your boat.....I recently recieved a new 21 Daytona from Greg and his Crew.....they did a super clean job on everything.

greg might be a great jet guy but dont have a motor built there.had him build one last year lasted one day enough said.

miller killer
    Can you guess why this was good news to me?

miller killer
    Riverhore,you and chet are my type of people,did you get boom boomed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast