Thread: Park Moabi...

wantacat
    Never been there. Does it get crowded on Holiday weekends? Were is the best place to launch at? How far is Havasu from there? thanks

Debbolas
    Park Moabi is just above Topock...it is an awesome camping place if you get a pennisula campsite. You can leave your boat in the water at night (use a box anchor and a sand spike) Park your motorhome on the pennisula.
    You can drive down through the Topock gorge, to the Sandbar and then down to Havasu. Don't go above the Needles bridge unless you have a little boat.
    Don't leave your stuff on the beach at night, bring it up as the water rises at night.
    We only go during the week, weekends it's too crowded to tube your kids in front of your campsite.
    Have fun!
    We are going there next month and August.
    When you launch, keep to the right of the channel to the river, the left side gets kinda shallow....

Ultracrazy
    Park Moabi is just above Topock...it is an awesome camping place if you get a pennisula campsite. You can leave your boat in the water at night (use a box anchor and a sand spike) Park your motorhome on the pennisula.
    You can drive down through the Topock gorge, to the Sandbar and then down to Havasu. Don't go above the Needles bridge unless you have a little boat.
    Don't leave your stuff on the beach at night, bring it up as the water rises at night.
    We only go during the week, weekends it's too crowded to tube your kids in front of your campsite.
    Have fun!
    We are going there next month and August.
    When you launch, keep to the right of the channel to the river, the left side gets kinda shallow....
    Debbolas speaks the truth.......I will add that during the weekends......lots of lake lice. The place is still family orientated which is nice.
    UC

kind of a steep boat ramp also....

ahhell
    Just got back from Moabi...LOVE IT...the water does rise about 3-4 feet vertically, which is about 10 "beach feet"
    just look at the water marks on the sand and it will give you a good idea where to keep your "floatables"
    Have fun........the cops where pricks last week, pulling over jet skiis for having fun, not cutting anyone off.....Cruzin thru our beach checking out the wifey tanning on the boat...REAL PROFESSIONAL... :notam:

02HoWaRd26
    If you have a 4x4 use the dirt ramp over at the end of the penninsulas it is alot easier and there is a little water movement it is not all stagnent and gross. also easier cause less use it and closer to campgrounds.

wantacat
    Thanks for the pics, that freakin skater is my dream boat! Last year on my way up to the sandbar he flew by us. The sound was amazing!!! Were is the best place to launch around there for a 28ft boat? I heard it can get shallow around there.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Park Moabi has a new, wider ramp....you can launch there.....
    We put the Skater in at Windsor.......
    Glad you liked the pix..... :smile:
    My first run it the Skater.......What a ride !!!!!
    Later,
    CJG