Thread: (Spam) Olds Mechanical Fuel Pumps

RobbMc
    New member here. Hello everyone.
    I own a 455 442 and my stepdad owns a 455 jet boat. Both of us were outrunning the stock type mechanical pumps and prefered not to switch to electric. I tried the chrome 80 gph pumps offered by several companies but they didn't seem to help much.
    I am a mechanical engineer and I worked for Mallory for 11 years. Since I couldn't buy a high volume fuel pump for an Olds, I built a couple myself. They worked so well, I decided to build more and sell them to other Olds fans.
    The pump is based on the same design as the Chevy six valve "NASCAR" pumps sold by several companies. You can find more info at www.robbmcperformance.com.
    The pump does not have the marine type vent tube so it cannot be used on boats with enclosed engine bays or the fumes could cause an explosion.
    Thanks.

Pretty cool. You might look into setting them up with the necessary mods to make them "marine" pumps.

superdave013
    Nice, I sell the Clay Smith 6 valve pumps. They don't have an olds I don't think so it's good to know you are out there. What they do for marine is just drill and tap 1/8 NPT and install a barb fitting to run a hose up to the spark arrestor.
    Anyway what's the pricing on these bad boys?

RobbMc
    The pump is $200. Pretty expensive compared to the Chevy and Ford versions but the volume is so small I can't get the price down. I pay a local CNC machine shop to make the custom pieces I designed and they are expensive in small quantities.
    I do offer volume discounts since when I buy the parts in larger quantities I get a discount. Pumps are 10% off for 10 and 25% off for 25.
    I will soon also offer a higher volume 140 gph version with adjustable pressure and 1/2 npt ports rather than the 3/8 npt ports. I don't think anyone else is offering an adjustable pressure mechanical pump for any type of engine. The 140 pump will be about $275 with the same volume discounts.