Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlin or Superior...

TheBigUgly
    Just signed on today and i have to say that you guys are f'n hilarious...except there are a couple that go too far...anyways... bought my first boat "70 marlin" and couldn't find anything on it let alone marlins...fine whatever. Found out that the title and the little metal tag next to the drivers seat both say "superior". Cool cause maybe theres more info on superiors... there was less! So how do i know or am i just going to have to "tear up the papers and call it a hondo". The side of the boat in the original paint says marlin but everything else says superior... i just want to know some more about these boats. thanks.

SHIFTY
    Tear Off The Metal Tag, Sand Down The H.i.n., Fill The Holes, And Call It A 'bondo'...

maxwedge
    Got any pics of the boat you can post? Probably somebody here can identify it from that. If you don't know how to post pics, PM me, and I will post them up for you.

TheBigUgly
    just click on the pick to enlarge...but you knew that. Any ideas

maxwedge
    It's a Kawasaki. I recognized the color right away
    I don't know what it is, but strangely, I kinda like it
    ...and damn that's a big steering wheel!

CARLSON-JET
    STOP, sell it before the addiction becomes uncontrolable or live with the consequences. :cry: R.B.

Cas
    A couple of friends of mine had Marlins years ago. They're pretty good boats that are more on the entry level side. Just like any other hull, it boils down to how much you like it and what you're wanting to do with it. For a decent recreational lake boat, they're good. If you're wanting to put big horsepower to it and go racing, you'd probably be better off with something different.
    Of course, that's just my opinion.

First thing.... GET THE FURNITURE OFF THE DECK! It's not a workbench.

MOPARMARLIN
    Hey Big Ugly
    From The Looks Of Your Boat It Its Definitly A Marlin, The Rear Is Just Like My 73 Marlin Scorpion. The Dash Is Alot Different, Mine Is Flat With No Pod In The Middle Like Yours. Probably Changed That Part Between Different Years. But I Have Never Seen One Exactly Like Mine Either. Hope This Helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast