Thread: I need upholstery!

CoastGuardSteve
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any good upholstery shops in the S.F. Bay Area. I am trying to do some research on costs before I buy a boat. I am excited to spend the money, but how much will it cost? HELP....

SPECTRABRENT
    I dont know of any upholstery shops in Nor Cal, but I do know of a guy in Santa Clarita.
    If you want the number give me an email Brentloan@aol.com. He could give you an idea of what you should pay.
    SpectraBrent

oldphart
    Cool customs in Marysville (1 Hr north of Sacramento) did my 18' Tahiti sidewinder for $1100.00 including all new wood, and engine cover deck, and carpet. Their work is show quality. (530)673-0705. They have done 3 rods for me too and will upholster my Spectre project this winter.

CoastGuardSteve
    Thanks to the both of you. I will look into each and see what happens. I was trying to keep the limit at $1500.00. I was going to replace the wood myself and then have it upholstered. I don't want a fancy job, read three or more colors, I just wanted the factory look that Spectra provided from the factory. Thanks again!

Bubbledeck
    oldphart that sounds great for top quality work .. i'm not ready to do mine yet but i've been keeping my ears open for prices .. i've been hearing $1000 for seats only, no wood. i thought that was way outta line, but i heard that more than once. glad to know i can get my whole interior done for that price!

waterdog
    Steve,
    Baker's Upholstery in Fairfield.
    They completely restored the upholstery in my jet last year. Cost 1600+change; included carpet, all new wood, upholstery, and a promise that they would have it finished before July 4th! Excellent job!! I made it out on the 4th and have had numberous inquiries as to who did the work. Even have a picture if interested.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by CoastGuardSteve:
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any good upholstery shops in the S.F. Bay Area. I am trying to do some research on costs before I buy a boat. I am excited to spend the money, but how much will it cost? HELP....

CoastGuardSteve
    Thank you for the help. It seems as though the boat that I was looking at was more of a project than I was willing to take on. I certainly do appreciate the help though, THANKS AGAIN. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif