Thread: Agressor -vs- American Turbine

The Sleekster
    Hi-
    I'm restoring a 1973 Sleekcraft 23 footer. I'm in the process of building a 460, with a Jacuzzi YJ pump. I'm wondering about everyone's opinion on which energizer kit is the best??? Does anyone have any experience with the Agressor kits? I have also thought about changing pumps but boat needs too much other work, plus it's also the family cruiser.
    Thanks for the help & I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions later!! 1st jet boat resoration....

rivercrazy
    I'd go with the American Turbine. They build a really tight pump

ChetCapoli
    I'd go with the aggressor hands down. Big boat like that could use the extra flow of the 9 vein bowl and bigger nozzle size.
    Chet

montrone
    i have a 24' 6" sleekcraft with a 12yj pump american turbine, with a 455 bored .90 over.
    i called ron from american turbine and he said this is a good pump. energizer kit makes this a true pump.

montrone
    sleekster,
    where are you from?

The Sleekster
    Originally posted by montrone:
    sleekster,
    where are you from?
    I live in NJ along the Delaware river
    near Philly

Hey Sleekster, I have a 1977 23' SLEEKCRAFT EXECUTIVE JET. The original set up was a 454BBC Berk 12jg pump. The BBC was built to 468 ci @500hp and the pump was overhauled with an AA impeller, It took abit of power to plane off and topped out @ 60 mph. We repowered the boat last season with a 540 ci BBC and switched to an AMT SD-309, the boat planes soo much faster with less rpm's. I still run an AA impeller turning @ 5400 rpm's it tops out at 70mph in chop, 65 on glass. I still have lots of tuning to do on this set-up yet. check your floor theres a lot of wood that holds a surprising amount of water and that=weight. You can see my boat on the RJB web site titled (fun on the Mississippi) Later and good luck, CW

mister460
    So what all are you doing to the 460? BB Fords are capable of gut wrenching power. Make sure you port the heads!! Ford detuned their heads to make less power so they wouldn't have to put extra heavy duty trannies behind them. What cam are you using? Just curious cause I love BB Fords! In the mean time take it easy! Everyone else check out my post "I'm a retard..." I need help with my jet swap!

The Sleekster
    Mister 460
    The 460 I'm building is still in a 71 T-bird, still running strong .The plan is: bore, forged flat tops ,line bore crank, and stud mains, resize rods, port heads(D2VEAA), ten qt oil pan,high volume oil pump,stealth intake, Holly 750 mechanical secondaries, maybe roller rockers, not sure of Cam selection yet? Any ideas for Cams? The problems I have are using log manifolds,and I dont know what impeller to run. I'm planning on using the agressor energizer
    kit& diverter. I'm basically redoing my boat from top to bottom, got it w/ no engine or components. I've got most of the parts I need. Thanks for everybody's input.