Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Boaters

76ANTHONY
    OK, I JUST GOT MY BOAT OUT OF AN UNAMED SHOP, THE ORIGINAL EST WAS ABOUT 1000.00 FOR A COUPLE OF THINGS. AFTER NO AUTH IT WAS THE CALL FROM HELL. HEY, YOUR BOATS DONE IT'S 4900.00 WHEN CAN YOU PICK IT UP. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. IF SO LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

riverbound
    If they dont have a signed invoice for the work performed THEY are S.O.L. I would go pick the boat up and if they dont give it to you call the PoPo. Without a signed invoice authorizing the owrk there is nothing they can do.

76ANTHONY
    Well, I Just Paid About 4900.00 And 1000.00 In Storage. Yeah Im Not A Happy Camper, First Boat And Wanted It Right, I Took It Right Up The You Know. It Sucks That The Invoice I Signed Was Only For 1000.00 And Now Im Out 5900.00

76ANTHONY
    Not To Mention The Damage To My Boat While It Was There. Man This Boats Killin Me. Im Sorry But I Work Hard For My Money And Im Not Taking Out A Loan To Get This Thing Straight.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I would kick someones ass..........

76ANTHONY
    Yeah I Told The Guys At Work What The News Tonight Im On. But I Thought I'd Try To Be Cool, Not Workin Out That Way Im Pissed.

You can take them to court. In CA, repair shops (including boat repair if it had to do with engine work) fall under the B.A.R. (Bureau or Automotive Repiar). The law states that they have to give you a written estimate on a repair order, after diagnosis, they must have documentation of your authorization. Including times and phone numbers that they contacted you at. Those times and dates should be noted on your final copy of your invoice. If not, I would be picking up the phone and calling my local BAR office and disputing that bill.
    It sucks when this happens. For years I ran service departments for Mercedes-Benz dealerships, when an advisor wouldn't update an estimate, we would end up eating the repairs ... sometimes for thousands!
    Good Luck!
    Brian

76ANTHONY
    The Funny Thing Is I Am A Service Advisor I Make It A Practice Never To Do This. I've Lost Two Jobs In The Last Ten Years Because I Would Not Do This, And Then Low And Behold It Happens To Me. Yes I Have A Buddy That Works For Bar, Good Sugg. Thank You Very Much Didnt Even Think Of It.

76ANTHONY
    Another Question, What Do I Do To Take This Guy To Court, How Much More Money Will This Cost Me. What Are My Chances. I Have An Invoice Signed By Me For 1000.00 And He Called To Ask About A Battery Both That I Auth'd For Another 76.00. Thats It And The Death Call For 4900.00. This Really Stinks, Im Sick Looking At My Boat. Poor Me And Poor Boat

Call the court house ... it shouldn't be more than $100? filing fee. You're under $5000 so it's small claims ... maybe People's Court material! j/k
    You're an advisor, you know how it goes ... and what to say, I would let the BAR take a crack at it first though.
    Good Luck!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast