Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: How Many Boaters

boater012
    no problem ive been swamped myself ( as you can imagine). i will wait patiently for it thank you again.

76ANTHONY
    BOATER012, as you know im gonna go out sat, is there anything i need to watch. first time boat will hit water since i bought it. its almost all new, old headers

boater012
    just do a once over on everything check to make sure the belts are tight! check the oil level. check the mounting bolts for the engine and any accesories, check the water in your batteries, check to make sure the battery cables are tight, check the steering cable for tightness, and last but not least DO NOT FORGET THE DRAIN PLUG. when running in the water on the trailer make sure you open the water inlet valve ( commonly reffered to as the death valeve in my circle of friends) MAKE SURE IT IS OPEN! check the lugnuts on the trailer before you go! and make sure you grease the wheel bearings. i always jack up the trailer and check to make sure im not starting out with a bad bearing to begin with! especially on a new purchase or something that has been sittting for awhile.

76ANTHONY
    thank you squiten thunder, that makes my day.

boater012
    wow nice boat 76 I like! I hope it runs perfect and goes smoothly for you sat. enjoy it its a beauty.

cave
    Looks like it all came out good. 76ANTHONY nice boat! If your new to low freeboard boating you may want to watch the rear end when slowing down from a fast run. From the picture you dont have a splash shield. Just in case you stop in the middle of the lake watch others wakes. Once you get it in the water you'll notice how low your rear end is to the water. Be safe & have fun.
    As for the shop owner who is in question. What comes around Goes around.

76ANTHONY
    CAVE, thanks for the advise, i'd heard about that, i guess it wasent bull. i guess i have alot to get used to. and your right what goes around comes around. this forum is the bomb. i really appriciate all the advise, from all of you, you dont know what a help it is to hear all the good and bad from everyone.
    THANKS
    scott :clover:

78Anthonyjet
    76ANTHONY, that is a BAD ASS ride. Now that I have seen pictures of 3 Anthonys, I deffinately have some work to do on mine. She runs, but looks like hell. Need to redo interior, boat color makes me want to goto HOOTERS.

76ANTHONY
    78anthonyjet, the best thing about a boat is seeing others and there ideas. i looked at about 60 boats before i even bought mine. then from there another two hundred to lok at paint and so on. its your boat thats the best way to start. i see so many with seats that are aranged better and blowers and all that. its expensive but whata blast. there are so many things you can do. thats why im broke now. but got some wiring issues and then it'll be another new part here and there. let me know if you need something i've still got a couple pieces left of the old anthony. :hammer2: alto this helps too.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910