Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Boaters

Sleek-Jet
    Well, I agree with Steelcomp... I work on my own boats, so it's not a biggie to me.
    However, since all my friends know that I am into boats, I get asked all the time where a good shop is at for certain kinds of work. It would be nice if I could give them some suggestions based on others experiance. If someone asks me about a certain shop and I haven't heard anything bad about them, I would probably be inclinded to tell them to give it a shot.
    These boards are about saying good things about people and business as well as the bad...
    Just some food for thought...

76ANTHONY
    OH, AND IM NOT LOOKING FOR SIMPATHY OR SOMEONE TO CRY TO, MY POINT WAS TO CHECK THE SHOP OUT BEFORE LETTING THEM TOUCH YOUR BOAT. I KNOW BOATS ARENT INVESTMENTS BUT THE SHOP YOU TAKE IT TO COULD BE. SORRY TO SOUND LIKE A PUSS, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT.

FILUCKY
    Well SteelComp we might not agree on TR's but i for surely agree 100% with you here. We all work our butts off to spend all of are spare money on these boats and getting stiffed by jurks like this can end boating seasons for some of us. So as a service to all honest upstanding boaters, let us know who to watch out for. Thanks

steelcomp
    Steelcomp Check You Pm
    It's in your hands, Bud. Good luck.

Squirtin Thunder
    You, too, ST. Step up or shut up. This is a bunch of BS crying here on the boards about getting ripped, but basically letting the rest of us float like bait.
    So if you're not here to warn anyone, what are you here for??? Sympathy? :cry:
    It is not my place to warn anyone about this business, being I have never done business with them. It is 76Anthony's call whether he wishes to divulge his withholdings.

It is not my place to warn anyone about this business, being I have never done business with them. It is 76Anthony's call whether he wishes to divulge his withholdings.
    Jim, then why did you bother to imply that you knew or hint at the name? Would have been more appropriate to just keep quiet and let 76ANTHONY handle it. Definitely a case where saying nothing would have been the better move.
    79ANTHONY, I'm curious to know a few things. First, what work did the boat need that led you to take it in for repair? Second, what work was the $1000 dollars of the original estimate supposed to cover? Finally, what work was done, beyond that original estimate, that led to the $4900 repair bill?
    Oh, and PLEASE turn off the caps lock. It implies YELLING, and while you have the right to yell, its just not at US.

76ANTHONY
    sorry about the cap locks. the first question. i took my boat in to get the wiring harness installed and to get plumbing done, i also requested a lake test. these are things i just didnt want to screw up because people always talk about getting stuck on the water with elec problems. second question. the shop rebuilt my pump, and said that there was a couple of washers under my carbs, this is not true because i installed them and have pics of my boat before it left for the shop.

That's all they did? Something doesn't add up even if they had to do a LOT of disassembly/reassembly. Did they give you an itemized bill, breaking it down by parts and labor?

steelcomp
    Jim, then why did you bother to imply that you knew or hint at the name? Would have been more appropriate to just keep quiet and let 76ANTHONY handle it. Definitely a case where saying nothing would have been the better move.
    Preeeeecisely.

76ANTHONY
    WELL, THEY GAVE ME A GENERIC BILL WITH SOME PARTS AND ALOT OF LABOR. THE PERSON TOLD ME HE TOOK HIS LABOR RATE DOWN, WHY? I DIDNT ASK FOR ANY OF THE REPAIRS HE DID EXCEPT THE ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING. I SURE WISH IT WOULS HAVE BEEN STEEL BRADED HOSE. WELL I JUST WANT A KISS AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE. ITS ALL GOOD BECAUSE NEXT TIME I NEED SOMETHING IM GONNA COME HERE FIRST, SEEING AS HOW I WOULD LIKE TO DO ALL MY OWN WORK.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast