Thread: Rock deflector, mud flaps, or ? ? ? How to keep the rocks off of my new paint job.

DUECE'SDAD
    As you seen in my earlier post i painted my boat, one of my tow vehicles is a lowered pickup that im not worried about, but what about regular trucks, Before i painted it there were rock chips all of the front of my boat. Any suggestions, removable mud flaps on the truck, sometype of stone deflector built onto the trailer ? ? Anybody done anything, or let it get beat up ! !

Kim Hanson
    I used a rock skirt before and it worked great, the other thing you can do is take a 1'' steel tubing and attach it to a 2.25" box with 4 bolts on each side and you can take it off and put it on and the bolts hold on to the back of your 2'' reciever hitch..Lets see if I can wing this picture with the puter
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...72mudflaps.JPG :idea:

voodooCanoe
    Enclosed trailer!!!

Kim Hanson
    Enclosed trailer!!!
    They like trailers, didn't you know that? :wink: .........( . )( . ).......not enclosed ones!

coolchange
    flaps work but dont make em TOO low or they bottom out and kick stuff UP. (experience!) deflectors work but look harsh IMHO.
    I'd be thinkin BRA.

Yep, i made a bitchen set, they fit bitchen. Well the suspension slowly sagged, and by the time I got to the river, the flaps were dragging. I went back and looked at my boat, and the inside of my boat was filled with these little rocks,thousands of little rocks, i still find em in there all the time.No gel dings though.bottomline is, dont make em too long.
    Cs19

EXTREMEBOATS
    Why not a Bra cover like the old days??? Keeps the bow clean and protected.... :squiggle:

Kim Hanson
    Why not a Bra cover like the old days??? Keeps the bow clean and protected.... :squiggle:
    Bra's scratch your trucks frontend bad, so I assumed it would do the same to a boat......( . )( . )......Up here bra's are good for hiding chips in the paint and small damaged areas

EXTREMEBOATS
    Well knowing your such the expert Kim I guess I'll stand down on that one.... Mike "the Florida dumb ass"