Thread: Cracked impeller question???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok here's the deal. My boat pulled very hard and strong after I rebuilt the pump. I set it @ .017 clearance(from impeller to wearring). I have a berk with a mpd(old school) detailed a/b aluminum impeller with a split bowl,droop,loader and diverter. The impeller came out of my old boat and was in great shape! I noticed that it cavitates now and I am running a little slower. So I decided to get under and check things out. WOW!!!! I have about 4 cracks in the blades! Not to mention that one of them has a very small piece missing from it. My question is that will a cracked impeller make you loose rpm's? If so how much? Also, how much will it knock off your top end? I was told that comming out of the water will cause you to crack your impeller. Also, what does it do to the impeller when you have too much horsepower for its rated use? Any info is appreciated Needless to say I smoked a magic deckboat,kachina force and a eggbeater yesterday I am still running fast but I slowed down a bit

canuck1
    if it is cracked get rid of it. Shock loading the imp will destroy/break any imp, break it at the wrong time and you will find the weak spot in your motor

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    bump

Jordy
    Needless to say I smoked a eggbeater yesterday 396
    What was it, like a 60hp on an aluminum fishing boat???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What was it, like a 60hp on an aluminum fishing boat???
    No jordy we run real motors....... not eggbeaters or weedWACKERS :yuk: :yuk:

sdba069
    Slippage could have been what cracked it. When it slips, then bites hard, it will try to pull the vanes out the front. Like the man said, get rid of it and get something a little stouter. As far as RPM and MPH loss, who knows.

Jordy
    No jordy we run real motors....... not eggbeaters or weedWACKERS :yuk: :yuk:
    I was talking about the weedwhacker you said you smoked. It's called reading comprehension and shit.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I was talking about the weedwhacker you said you smoked. It's called reading comprehension and shit.
    Oh my bad dawg I blew by his ass so fast I didnt have a chance to see what it was. He was moving though!

Squirtin Thunder
    I can get you one hell of a deal on a impeller !!!

Squirtin Thunder
    I do have quite a few pre-chewed ones in stock !!!