Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings River near Fresno

gqchris
    Anyone have any info on this place? We are staying at Kellys beach near Reedley. I am bringing my 19 foot jet boat, I was told anything else is too big. Last I heard was that it is flowing real fast and the water is ice cold. We will be up there on the 26th next Friday. I guess this group we are going with does some float down river every year on innertubes that usally takes 4 hours but now that it is flowing so fast it is only 2 and they advised us to wear life jackets! I think ill stay in my boat! LOL
    Any tips or pointers wil be greatly appreciated
    Chris

Throttle
    life jackets sound like a good idea, and drysuits!

gqchris
    life jackets sound like a good idea, and drysuits!
    I agree, I think ill be sticking with the Colorado River for next trip like usual!

IN2MX
    Its not very far, try and make your way up to Pine Flat Lake.....crystal clear water that is always flat...great for water skiing, wakeboarding,....Fun, family lake.....

MrsJetDriver
    RIver is still closed! Closed from RIverland all the way to reedley! Dont think you will be doing much floating!

Beer-30
    RIver is still closed! Closed from RIverland all the way to reedley! Dont think you will be doing much floating!
    I was gonna add that Riverland in Kingsburg is much better, but I guess it is still closed.

Phat Matt
    I have family and friends going over the 4th. We decided to go to Havasu instead.
    http://www.kellysbeach.com/

gqchris
    This is good news to know!!! I guess none of the other people in my party are aware of this. Looks like I will be the bearer of bad news

gqchris
    I have family and friends going over the 4th. We decided to go to Havasu instead.
    http://www.kellysbeach.com/
    Matt thanks for that website! I wish they had current conditions updated on that!! ARghhh

bigkatboat
    Camping + Kings River = Royal Oak. I hear that they have a 5MPH speed limit in front of the part now. Way back it was the place to 'tie up your hot boat'. Always smooth, always cold water, always a great party with low stress levels. They (park owners) would bug us back in the 70's for mufflers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast