Thread: (02)Ford Focus 5 door hatchback feedback...?

HammerDown
    Yea, I went from looking at 05 TDI Jetta's to looking at a 02 Ford Focus 5 door hatch back 5 speed. (one female original owner 40K on it).
    16V Zeteck...????
    Just something to run around town with and use as a commuter 120 miles a day etc.
    Are they 100,000 mile throw aways or can they go twice that?
    Expected fuel mileage?
    Any feedback from owners would be cool.

ratso
    I've sold quite a few and overall people seem to be happy with them...

beer hunter
    I have a 2001 ZX-3 five speed (two door hatch-back) that was purchased solely for commuting with. It has about 70,000 miles on it and other than brakes and a mass air flow sensor; I haven't had to spend any other money on it for repairs. The vehicle is has decent power and handles great! I average about 28 mpg city and highway combined.
    Good luck

KACHINA KEN
    Yea, I went from looking at 05 TDI Jetta's to looking at a 02 Ford Focus 5 door hatch back 5 speed. (one female original owner 40K on it).
    16V Zeteck...????
    Just something to run around town with and use as a commuter 120 miles a day etc.
    Are they 100,000 mile throw aways or can they go twice that?
    Expected fuel mileage?
    Any feedback from owners would be cool.
    http://www.saleen.com/n2o_focus_performance.htm

HOSS
    Although the TDI is the best motor VW makes,,,I still wouldn`t buy one. But what the hell do I know,,I was a service writer for 4 years at VW.

Sleek-Jet
    I had a g/f that had one of those cars. We finally figured out that "Focus" is french for "**** You". Words cannot describe how awefull that car was. I would keep looking.

HammerDown
    Words cannot describe how awefull that car was.
    Can ya try...?
    These little cars are actually rated pretty good from JD Power and Consumer Reports. Give some more feedback as to what the problems were...thanks.
    This girl is selling because she got knocked-up and has a new born...from what the step-father tells me, she needs the money (could be BS).
    Very clean one owner vehicle.

Sleek-Jet
    The thing was probably a lemmon to begin with, but.....
    It had serious ignition and fuel system problems. Anytime it got even a little bit warm outside the car would quit.
    The car was also the first model year... so a new vehicle might have some of the bugs fixed. When it ran, it ran like a top. But I spent to many afternoons on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck to even think about... :hammer2:
    She bought that car new as well, so it wasn't because someone else abused the POS...
    Sleek "Not a big fan of the Ford Focus" Jet