Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad a$$ Hondo jet hydo coming to an oklahoma lake near you ! ! !

DUECE'SDAD
    What do you mean when you say bottom change, or is that top secret. I didnt know anything about the okc races but i think we might spectate, if youre racing, we will look for you

Jet Hydro
    I should be there with an all new paint job and some motor work if all goes right. I broke a few things up top at Waco, we are trying to have it repaired in time for the race. I`ll have about 3 day`s to build a boat the way it looks so I`ll be pushing it.
    I cut the bottom off the Hydro last year and redesigned it the way it should have been designed. The Hondo design didn't work past 84mph so a few things had to be changed. It didn't matter how much motor you put to it cause it was running out of water and couldn't use the power anyway. I just ran a 10.90 at Waco with 7cyl. I cant wait till I get all the bug`s worked out so I can really see what it will run. It`s been a 3 year project and a ton of money but it`s been fun!
    If I can get this heavy tank to run the way I want there is a plan in the works for an all new Jet Hydro at about 1/2 the weight.

Carnivalride
    I just ran a 10.90 at Waco with 7cyl. I cant wait till I get all the bug`s worked out so I can really see what it will run. It`s been a 3 year project and a ton of money but it`s been fun!
    If I can get this heavy tank to run the way I want there is a plan in the works for an all new Jet Hydro at about 1/2 the weight.
    Steve,
    10.90s are pretty respectable for that boat! How much boost were you putting to it to run that? Good luck getting it back together for Oklahoma city. Did you ever get your other boat out of Cheney lake?
    Later,
    Loren

Jet Hydro
    Around 12lbs but I only had 7 candles burning. :220v:
    Nope it`s still in storage at the bottom of the lake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12