Thread: hawaiian boats jacuzzi jet drive

baja22454
    I just recently purchased a 1979 20ft hawaiian jet boat with a jacuzzi jet drive. 454 chevy pushing 400 hp. I bought it a week ago and haven't tested it yet. Is this a good cobination to have with a jet boat. It is in decent shape do you know what the value of this boat might be. Is a hawaiian hull a good hull to have. Anyone interested this boat might be for sale, depending on if it somthing I would like to get into.

77charger
    Depends on what jacuzzi you have if it is the wj it is a mixed flow it can made to work well.If it is the golden eagle(axial flow you will need to get the energizer kit then go from there.You can tell the two from the handhole cover the golden eagle is on the outside the wj is on the inside.
    I have the golden eagle on my boat with a healthy motor but i do have the energizer kit on it about all that is left from the original kit is the bowl and shaft.the nozzle has been replaced with a diverter and now running a legend impeller.the nozzle that comes with the american turbine was poor quality and kept coming loose.I am very happy with the performance of it now.
    You can ask rtjas about the hawaians he has one and knows more about them.

mister460
    I have a '77 19' Hawaiian with the Yj pump. Last year I took it out to Havasu and even with 6 out of 8 holes firing I was getting really good speed and it could pull me up on one ski like it was cool. The Jacuzzis suck ass but the Hawaiian's a pretty light hull so it's still pretty fast. But I'm still gonna swap to a Berk pump this winter when I'm de-hooking the hull. If you want some info about changing pumps, I've got alot. It's actually easier and cheaper than a lot of people think. Just takes a little time and sanding.

77charger
    Originally posted by mister460:
    I have a '77 19' Hawaiian with the Yj pump. Last year I took it out to Havasu and even with 6 out of 8 holes firing I was getting really good speed and it could pull me up on one ski like it was cool. The Jacuzzis suck ass but the Hawaiian's a pretty light hull so it's still pretty fast. But I'm still gonna swap to a Berk pump this winter when I'm de-hooking the hull. If you want some info about changing pumps, I've got alot. It's actually easier and cheaper than a lot of people think. Just takes a little time and sanding.
    I see that you are going to a berkely pump is that jacuzzi a golden eagle and if it is and if you plan on trashing the suction housing let me know as they are hard to find and i might need a spare.(wold likea spare actually)

SPECTRABRENT
    Your Hawaiian is an OK (not the best built hull) boat for a first time boat buyer, I would say a good price range $2,000.00 to $3,500.00 (in good cond.). I would not start a big project with an Hawaiian
    hull.
    Brent

79Hawaiian
    HAWAIIAN ROCKS!!! Actually I agree with the previous response that Hawaiian is not the best hull, they are light and easy to tow, fast on the water. Problem is they are thin and develop stress cracks easily. I have heard and seen problems with rotten floors as well (see http://www.boener.com/pics.htm). (http://www.boener.com/pics.htm) My Jacuzzi jet has been great but I have a piranha pump that is somewhat of a bastard stepchild of pumps that was produced just before Jacuzzi went under. It performs well and I am happy with it. I have owned the boat for 10 years and I have enjoyed most of them!
    [This message has been edited by 79Hawaiian (edited April 11, 2002).]

mister460
    Yeah, I'll let you know when I do the swap. What does a Jacuzzi suction housing go for? You can have it real cheap. Like two cases of beer cheap!

77charger
    Originally posted by mister460:
    Yeah, I'll let you know when I do the swap. What does a Jacuzzi suction housing go for? You can have it real cheap. Like two cases of beer cheap!
    put it this way way overpriced and i'll give you three cases.