So I went to Lake Elsinore this morning for a little test and tune session to work out a few minor bugs before heading to Havasu this coming Thursday. We put the boat in the water and I idled out while waiting for my dad to park the pickup. The boat was running rough as the carb needed some adjustments. Just as I got out of the no wake zone, the motor died. I tried to start it up again, but it wouldn't crank over. The solenoid would kick out, but that's it. No other boats were around, so I pulled out my oar and started rowing back to the dock. Fortunately, a family pulled up in a boat and pulled me back to the docks. (A big thanks to them for pulling me in!) We put the boat back on the trailer and pulled the starter. I got the starter to spin and put it back on the motor. We launched the boat again. This time everything seemed to be going good. We drove around for a bit and started to play with the carb. After finishing the carb, I decided to check the oil. I pulled my nice fancy Lokar stainless steel dipstick to check the oil. At first, I didn't see any oil on the dipstick. Well, I thought that was kind of funny. I had oil pressure, so I knew it wasn't bone dry. Upon further inspection, I noticed the bottom 3"-4" of the dipstick was missing. The doggone dipstick broke. The bottom piece is now in the bottom of my engine. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper today. Hopefully I can get the motor pulled and back together before next weekend. Anyways, hope all of y'alls days went better than mine.
Nubbs