Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way to go F1!!! Way to F'n go!!!

JustMVG
    6 cars yes 6 cars just started the race @ Indy, because of a tire issue with the Michelins, and the refusal of the FIA(Sanctioning body) to put a chicane to help ease the problem for the Michelin shod teams, only 6 cars started and are running as i type this. Safety is of the utmost concern and the teams made their choice to sit this one out, why Michelin did NOT bring a tire that would stand up to the stresses and speeds of the turn 13, that would be turn 1 for indy racing, only they know, i feel sorry for the fans who came out for the week long party. Watch the fans run hard and fast to IRL and hopefully Champ Car, and NASCAR, F1 shot itself in the foot today....

essexjet
    6 cars yes 6 cars just started the race @ Indy, because of a tire issue with the Michelins, and the refusal of the FIA(Sanctioning body) to put a chicane to help ease the problem for the Michelin shod teams, only 6 cars started and are running as i type this. Safety is of the utmost concern and the teams made their choice to sit this one out, why Michelin did NOT bring a tire that would stand up to the stresses and speeds of the turn 13, that would be turn 1 for indy racing, only they know, i feel sorry for the fans who came out for the week long party. Watch the fans run hard and fast to IRL and hopefully Champ Car, and NASCAR, F1 shot itself in the foot today....
    I was thinking about posting the same thing. I cant F'n believe this. I was looking forward to watching this race since I love F1 and the speeds at Indy is just awesome. I know for one thing that I will never buy Michelin tires :devil:

JustMVG
    Sad thing is i just put new Michi's on my Sportbike, great tires, but bad racing sense, and Screw the FIA too, also Bernie Eccelstone should have said fine, no points for the weekend, put the Chicane in and give the US and the World a race not a friggin 6 car parade. Gotta love the ill feeling from Rubens towards Schumey, ?when Mikey came out of the pit he should have let Rubens go, then race for the damn position, i hate Ferrari for that, just like when he let Rubens pass just before the finish at Indy a couple of years ago.

Dusty Times
    All the work it took to get an F-1 race in the US and now this.
    I was waiting to see Mikey get a black eye on the podium for that pit exit. :devil:

JustMVG
    He should have but Barrichello has more class than that, It's all political with F1....and as much as i dislike Tony George i feel bad for the guy... all that work and then this , but hey he tried to screw over CART/Champ Car, so a little payback is fine w me

Tom Brown
    The tire issue has been going on for a while now.
    It was a crap race but if they had caved to Michelin, that would have shit on Bridgestone who were clearly up to the task.
    If you look at the Michelins at the end of a race, they are slicks. That is by design, as I understand it.
    It has to end somewhere.

*BN*
    Not an F1 issue, blame Michelin only.
    Every team paid an entry based on the entry form that includes all the rules an procedures of the event.
    There is no way they should or could compensate anyone for not being prepared or willing to follow the guidelines set forth prior to the race and the entry form!
    Bridgestone already had the same problem at an earlier race this year. Did anyone complain then? NO!

Craig
    And the great wise Bernie Ecclestone made this comment :
    "Before leaving, Ecclestone then offered his thoughts of women joining men on the racetrack.
    "You know, I've got one of these wonderful ideas that women should be all dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances," Ecclestone added."
    What a moron :yuk:

shueman
    An embarrassment.....Tony Georger should hold their check, sue for damages, and pay back the fans.....F1 can F' off and not come back.....my 2¢

*BN*
    An embarrassment.....Tony Georger should hold their check, sue for damages, and pay back the fans.....F1 can F' off and not come back.....my 2¢
    And F1 did what? Not delay or change the course differently than what was advertised.
    With your attitude you should be boycotting / bashing Michelin, NOBODY ELSE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast