Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Chrome Headers

HotRod Sprint
    Alright I know this has probably been covered a couple of dozen times in the past (I'm just too lazy to search), but what do you guys use to clean your chrome headers. I wish I had never bought these things and just had my old black ones jett hotted. Would have been cheaper and easier to deal with, but you know what they say about hind sight
    Rod

wet77
    I have been using WD40 and it works fine, it causes a little smoke when you start out but only last about 30 seconds or so.
    I used to polish them but found out it was just a waste of time they get water spotted after about 5 min. of run time anyway
    Just my 2cents :coffeycup

Sleek468
    I use Mothers Crome Polish and it works great, for the first 5 minutes.

Brooski
    lmao. I was gonna ask the same thing. The water spots I can deal with, but it appears beer got on them and now I have little brown spots on them.

Danhercules
    lmao. I was gonna ask the same thing. The water spots I can deal with, but it appears beer got on them and now I have little brown spots on them.
    I bet your use to little brown spots! :boxingguy

9er
    I used my back, works great but stinks like hell.
    http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost...1burn1-med.jpg

lucky
    windex - easy clean up after lake

Brooski
    I bet your use to little brown spots! :boxingguy
    Sorry Dan, these are on the headers, not like the ones in your shorts! :jawdrop: :hammer2:

Danhercules
    Sorry Dan, these are on the headers, not like the ones in your shorts! :jawdrop: :hammer2:
    I was talkin about your depends. :crossx:
    Were can I get the stuff that gets rid of the blue? I hear guys use it on their bikes.

cole13
    I was talkin about your depends. :crossx:
    Were can I get the stuff that gets rid of the blue? I hear guys use it on their bikes.
    There was a guy in my old office who used that stuff on his Harley, worked great. He got it at Harley Shop. It is expensive!! I sort of like the blue look it matches my boat.
    And to answer the orginal question, I use Mothers Polish with Stainless steel. After a day out on the river, I use distilled water and vinegar on the headers and the spots come right off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast