Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good places to launch in needles?

breezeblocker
    We will be launching at Jack Smith also...staying at the Avi, I can give you my pass if ya want? Then you be free baby! i think we are going to change up on the avi launch and go to jack smiths, moabi, or topock. and by the way , if you are staying at the avi,why arent you using their launch??

pixilatedpussy
    i think we are going to change up on the avi launch and go to jack smiths, moabi, or topock. and by the way , if you are staying at the avi,why arent you using their launch??
    Cuz it is too frickin shallow early in the am! I like to get on the water early! Plus we plan on hanging out down in Topock area anyways!

dmontzsta
    got the pic of the boat, looks good
    yeah, I think it is coming along nice, the scoop was a good addition.
    It is pretty much all ready to cruise the river now, just need to finish the flatty.

The water will be low early, but is along the whole stretch. Don't know about Needles or Jack Smith.The REAL reason Avi is someplace to avoid is the PWCs. Likewise Big Bend on the Nev side. Holiday weekends on the river is lakelice hell. We'll be at the Shack in BHC, but we're getting there a day early and staying a day after to enjoy the river without the weekenders. We launch mid afternoon and stay on the river late. The lice subside around 5 on our stretch, then it's nice. Remember, holiday weekends..... nozzle up!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    i launched out of Jack Smith on Sunday. REAL NICE!! 2 cars in front. my only gripe is that the ramps are frickin steep and there is only 1 ramp for 2 cars and 2 ramps for single car launching. other than that it is killer. a nice sand beach to park while you wait for the rest of your peeps to get to the boat.

cole13
    Remember, holiday weekends..... nozzle up!
    Is it ok if I steal this quote? That has to be the most perfect saying? I may change it a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12