Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Raylar 600's

CornWater
    What's the prostock scoop for?
    :wink:

Raylar
    I haven't heard about any Majic deck boat that blew his Raylar equipped 496 at Powell. Aaron called and said a 496 Raylar equipped boat at Powell had a ticking noise under a valve cover on one side and he would get it back and check it when it was back in Havasu. Aaron said boat ran awwsome the whole trip. Kind of sounds like the friend who told his first friend about a bruise he had on his arm, when the story got to his third aquaintance he had his arm amputated!
    Ray @ Raylar

dicudmore
    I haven't heard about any Majic deck boat that blew his Raylar equipped 496 at Powell. Aaron called and said a 496 Raylar equipped boat at Powell had a ticking noise under a valve cover on one side and he would get it back and check it when it was back in Havasu. Aaron said boat ran awwsome the whole trip. Kind of sounds like the friend who told his first friend about a bruise he had on his arm, when the story got to his third aquaintance he had his arm amputated!
    Ray @ Raylar
    I never heard about a Magic blowing up at Powell...
    I'm SURE I heard something about a lower end failure at Havasu on a Magic though :wink:

rvrhlic
    I never heard about a Magic blowing up at Powell...
    I'm SURE I heard something about a lower end failure at Havasu on a Magic though :wink:
    WOW - I heard about that one too!!

prosthogod
    No third hand posting here. I had to drive his family back to the houseboat 40 miles in the pouring rain while he got towed. It definitly sounded like valve train failure. Back fires, metal to metal , like a stuck valve.

dicudmore
    No third hand posting here. I had to drive his family back to the houseboat 40 miles in the pouring rain while he got towed. It definitly sounded like valve train failure. Back fires, metal to metal , like a stuck valve.
    hmm...valve train failures...
    FOCKER, are you out there?

shadow
    hmm...valve train failures...
    FOCKER, are you out there?
    I belive Focker had a rocker arm break.Understandable,i work on engines all day long and have seen that happen.All man made parts.I also belive Focker gained dam near 20MPH from a 496mag. (375hp to 525hp)
    Seems like people waiting to hear negative results of Raylar,so they can say told you so or whatever the reason may be.Whats up with that???? They aint gonna do these upgrades anyway,why be so concerned? :hammer2:
    Personally i'm glad that Raylar has put together this package and offered up an alternative to supercharging a 496.
    Kinda reminds me of another thread in the last day or so.GT puts up a few pics of an awesome boat with a few details for us to enjoy and the thread went sideways with haters.

prosthogod
    I belive Focker had a rocker arm break.Understandable,i work on engines all day long and have seen that happen.All man made parts.I also belive Focker gained dam near 20MPH from a 496mag. (375hp to 525hp)
    Seems like people waiting to hear negative results of Raylar,so they can say told you so or whatever the reason may be.Whats up with that???? They aint gonna do these upgrades anyway,why be so concerned? :hammer2:
    Personally i'm glad that Raylar has put together this package and offered up an alternative to supercharging a 496.
    Kinda reminds me of another thread in the last day or so.GT puts up a few pics of an awesome boat with a few details for us to enjoy and the thread went sideways with haters.
    Now shadow I'm not tryng to bash anyone or open a can of worms. I'm just telling you what happened. I personally don't care for any of the aftermarket hop ups for the 496 because the motor itself is weak(lower and upper). That is why I sold mine and had motor built. The cost for building the motor and the extra hp greatly outways the cost of a relatively new product , installation, and the fact you still have a weak 496. JUst my .02.

dicudmore
    no haters here...after seeing yours run I'm the one that sold FOCKER on doing it to his...if I had any beans I'd be doing mine too
    everything built by humans has the chance of breaking at some point or another, you and I know that well :wink:
    the results speak for themselves, 10-15MPH on yours, 20ish on FOCKER's...Thats stout, I don't care who ya are.
    I'm hoping Blane picks up 20MPH also

Focker
    no haters here...after seeing yours run I'm the one that sold FOCKER on doing it to his...if I had any beans I'd be doing mine too
    everything built by humans has the chance of breaking at some point or another, you and I know that well :wink:
    the results speak for themselves, 10-15MPH on yours, 20ish on FOCKER's...Thats stout, I don't care who ya are.
    I'm hoping Blane picks up 20MPH also
    OK GUYS THEY INSTALLED A DEFECTIVE PART IN MINE. AARRON FOUND IT WHEN HE TORE IT APART AND RAY STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND MADE GOOD ON ALL PARTS AND AARRONS LABOR. NOW, I HAVE ONLY HAD THE BOAT OUT TWICE SINCE IT WAS FIXED BUT I AINT COMPLAINING. I AGREE WITH SHADOW, IM GLAD THAT RAYLAR HAS THIS PACKAGE. ON MY NEXT BOAT I WILL HANDLE THE ENGINE MUCH DIFFERENTLY. BUT THE RAYLAR PACKAGE FOR THE 496 AND THE RESULTS I HAVE ARE IMPRESSIVE

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast