Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Raylar 600's

INSman
    please do, post more pics. are you keeping the stock exhaust?
    NO stock exhaust, I am going with the Revolution Marine:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...294exhaust.jpg

Not So Fast
    It is basically a 496 upgrade, but I went a bit overboard with th "bling" and decided to build with seasoned 496 blocks that were completely balanced and blueprinted, and had it built up from there with the Raylar 600 kit and ALL forged internals. I will give them my blocks as "core" swaps, once the stock 496's are pulled from my boat and all the marine electronics and such are transeferred over to these new motors.
    I am wondering where the dealio bobs (individual ignition coils??) that are mounted on the valve covers have gone, are they going to be mounted somewhere else or are they replaced by a real distributer, or ???? sorry if this is a stuuuupid question but just wondering, thanks. NSF

INSman
    I am wondering where the dealio bobs (individual ignition coils??) that are mounted on the valve covers have gone, are they going to be mounted somewhere else or are they replaced by a real distributer, or ???? sorry if this is a stuuuupid question but just wondering, thanks. NSF
    There is a custom coil remount bracket, that cleans everything up, I just don't have a picture yet. There are MANY companies making aftermarket stuff for these 496's, including FRANKY here on these boards, Revolution Marine, etc...

Lucky Bastard
    Looks like it is coming together nicley. Can't to go for a ride with the twins! :2purples: :2purples:

franky
    Needs big oil coolers now. I know where you can get them also.

Dave C
    You beat me too it. :hammerhea
    That looks great.
    Did you have all those pieces powedercoated purple to match or are they new pieces? Block painted or?

Not So Fast
    There is a custom coil remount bracket, that cleans everything up, I just don't have a picture yet. There are MANY companies making aftermarket stuff for these 496's, including FRANKIE here on these boards, Revolution Marine, etc...
    THANKS NSF

INSman
    Needs big oil coolers now. I know where you can get them also.
    Would love to, but I would need some sort of serious price adjustment from what I hear. I am already into this project more than I expected. If you want to make me a deal I can't afford not to take, I will try my best to get the magazine to shoot specific pics of your product along with written captions.

callbob4homes
    Probably a stupid question................but not knowing much about dry sumps, I was wondering why you couldn't do dry sumps and get away from the huge oil pan? Lower motor, but you would have to have room for the oil tank I guess. Is there a reason it wouldn't work on a boat engine? Just wondering

Steamin' Rice
    Looking good!!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast