Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Raylar 600's

INSman
    Probably a stupid question................but not knowing much about dry sumps, I was wondering why you couldn't do dry sumps and get away from the huge oil pan? Lower motor, but you would have to have room for the oil tank I guess. Is there a reason it wouldn't work on a boat engine? Just wondering
    You are asking the wrong guy, I am just a dumb insurance broker :wink:

INSman
    You beat me too it. :hammerhea
    That looks great.
    Did you have all those pieces powedercoated purple to match or are they new pieces? Block painted or?
    All the pieces are new but also powder coated and I believe they had paint made up to match for the block and some other stuff.

rvrhlic
    I have one of ray and Larry's 600hp, I am still working on dialing it in. I am hoping they get all the ECM settings dialed in on yours so they can adjust mine. Mine doesn't look nearly as cool though!

INSman
    It is my understanding that there are quite a few key components that are critical to hitting the 600HP number, aside from the heads, cam and intake manifold, namely headers. I am sure things will get worked out for you soon and I hope to be able to share my results with everyone in the not too distant future !!

atomickitn
    nice twins blane

franky
    Would love to, but I would need some sort of serious price adjustment from what I hear. I am already into this project more than I expected. If you want to make me a deal I can't afford not to take, I will try my best to get the magazine to shoot specific pics of your product along with written captions.
    What exactly were you quoted?

INSman
    What exactly were you quoted?
    Don't quite remember, just know it was more than double what Revolution Marine was charging for theirs. I sent you a PM, why don't you call me so we can discuss and also talk about the billet pullies.
    Blane

franky
    Don't quite remember, just know it was more than double what Revolution Marine was chaging for theirs. I sent you a PM, why don't you call me so we can discuss and also talk about the billet pullies.
    Blane
    That would be because theres is JUST A COOLER, a getto one at that (mounts with hose clamps, nice!). Mine is a complete package with a cooler designed for the 496. It includes polished billet brackets, a GOOD oil cooler, a filter head with mounting bracket and filter, 10 AN fittings, SS lines, (lines are made up, flushed and capped) the good wire reinforced water hose, 2 stainless 1" MPT to 1 1/4" hose adapters (1-90 degree, 1-60 degree), complete package. NO COMPARISON. You get what you pay for!
    You would be wasting your time buying thier cooler and not changing the lines (size), etc.
    I will call tomorrow.

KROOZIN
    You are asking the wrong guy, I am just a dumb insurance broker :wink:
    Look great, I'm sure they'll perform just as nicely!

Phat Matt
    Those are looking real good. Congrats!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast