Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lap Top Computers

MudPumper
    Laptops.... Loaded question..
    Your need to ask what you want it to do for you..
    HP, Dell make some good laptops. IBM makes a good one yet the drivers for them are a little funky.
    You need to look at weight versus battery life and such. Also screens are
    another cost factor...
    I have both IBM and HP laptops and prefer HP. I have worked on Dells and they are good for the money, excellent value. The additional cost of the HP's can only be warranted by actual needs...
    Walter
    Wally, I need it mostly for word processing applications but will also be using for Internet applications and photo stuff. No gaming or anything that would need a crazy video card or processor. Also I will mostly be near a power source. I mainly need something I can just pack up and take with me when I need to.

Mrs. casean
    I'm real happy with my Dell Desktop so I'm leaning toward a dell Laptop but my dad has a HP that he loves and swears by. What about battery life, I heard that on a good one you can get about 45 min as long as your not running video??
    W/ my HP I can last 45 min to an hour depending on what I'd doing on it... making sure it's totally charged before that ofcourse. I think you can get other batteries too to make it last longer... but I could be wrong about that. But yeah, I'd say 45min to be safe... sometimes an hour just depending on how fully charged it was to begin w/.

Wally_Gator
    Wally, I need it mostly for word processing applications but will also be using for Internet applications and photo stuff. No gaming or anything that would need a crazy video card or processor. Also I will mostly be near a power source. I mainly need something I can just pack up and take with me when I need to.
    Tomorrow when I am at work i will look up some models for ya.
    Nyquil is kicking in and I need to go molest my wife.
    Next is what is your budget..
    Later...

Debbolas
    My daugher LOVES her apple laptop, but it was like .... $1000

riverbound
    I have the Sony Vaio VGN-S260. I pcked it because of the size, it was one of the smaller Laptops out there and it had all the features that the others had.

MudPumper
    Next is what is your budget..
    Later...
    Thanks bro, I'd like to keep it around $1,000 but if it's something kick ass I do love to spend money. :idea: :hammer2:

Garrddogg
    I have two I use one is a Dell 8600 (big one) and a Dell 700m (little one) I really like 700m all the features I want and go to ebay and do a search for Dell coupon and see what you find! I bought a coupon code for $1.99 that saved me $800.00..
    I own Dells and love them..but there are many good ones out there but I like Dells the best..
    Good luck
    Gary
    EDIT= I forgot, I got an extended life battery and it lasts about 5 hours
    (its pretty cool)

boxscore
    DELL... just like buying a boat... you need a company that offers some decent service after the sale.

MudPumper
    I have two I use one is a Dell 8600 (big one) and a Dell 700m (little one) I really like 700m all the features I want and go to ebay and do a search for Dell coupon and see what you find! I bought a coupon code for $1.99 that saved me $800.00..
    I own Dells and love them..but there are many good ones out there but I like Dells the best..
    Good luck
    Gary
    Gary, thanks for the heads up on the Coupon Codes, didn't know they had those.

SHAKEN Not Stirred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast