Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lap Top Computers

bigq
    Hate them, most are slow which makes them annoying. i just picked one up for work because i had to. I ended up with a Fujitsu. i needed one with a serial port and a floppy, most don't have this and the C series i got has all of it plus a burner 15" screen DVD, USB and integrated card reader. It has the Centrino cpu for better power consumption and 512 memory for $1,100 with a case and notebook mouse.
    purchased at The Notebook Shop in San Bernardino.
    Their are only a few companies that actually make the notebooks, like Clevo. these companies make them for Dell, HP, and so on, with there own design and accessories. So I would say most are the same except for features and service.

JetBoatRich
    who's got em and what do you like/dislike about them??? Need to buy one and don't know shit about em. My Desktop is a DELL and I love it, but don't know much about Laptops. Thanks for your opinions in advance.
    I have a couple :idea: and like the abilit to post where I want.
    My Toishiba has the built in BLUETOOTH, which m compan gave me and cheaper laptop. Not as durable as my others but light comfortable to use.
    I also have a HP that works great durable and never an issue. Great Machine
    I have also had a couple Compaqs and they work well and never a problem.

cruser
    Typing this on an IBM T42. Company gives us laptops so we can work fomr home using approved configurations. This is the third IBM they have given me since about 1996. I and my co-workers, have occasional issues but that's to be expected when you are dealing with these things in the thousands. My battery is goo for about 2 huors on wireless like now, 3-3.5 using a regular wired lan. I can stretch it even farther if I am carefull with screen settings and don't use the little keyboard light. This thing has a DVD/CD burner, a gig of memory and 37G disk. Works for me and I like the price.

Wonderboy
    You'll probably get a lot of opinions on here, but speaking from experience, Toshiba is one of the best. HP and Compaq's are notorious for slowing down as soon as you start using them, and for other issues you don't want to deal with. My toshiba laptop is probably 3 times as fast as any HP or Compaq I've ever had with comparable memory and processor speed. I don't know much about MAC's cause they operate quite a bit differently than PC's, but my friends that do have them LOVE them.

NashvilleBound
    I'm real happy with my Dell Desktop so I'm leaning toward a dell Laptop but my dad has a HP that he loves and swears by. What about battery life, I heard that on a good one you can get about 45 min as long as your not running video??
    I have a Dell XPS, 2gig, with every option they offered. Fastest thing I coculd ever want. A little big but size doesnt matter...right?? You can save a bunch by going to http://www.stores.ebay.com/custom-sp...notebook-store (let me know if the link doesnt work) They saved me about $2K on the laptop. The battery lasts about 1 hour and 15 miinutes. So i bring two when I fly to watch movies......

Garrddogg
    I have two I use one is a Dell 8600 (big one) and a Dell 700m (little one) I really like 700m all the features I want and go to ebay and do a search for Dell coupon and see what you find! I bought a coupon code for $1.99 that saved me $800.00..
    I own Dells and love them..but there are many good ones out there but I like Dells the best..
    Good luck
    Gary
    EDIT= I forgot, I got an extended life battery and it lasts about 5 hours
    (its pretty cool)
    Force

desertbird
    For the price...check out ACER. I love mine.
    http://global.acer.com/

Delta Jets
    Dell is my choice i have 2 dell deck tops and a dell lap top they are in severe dust and heat and humidity in a paint and body shop they seem to take the punishment better than the others i have had.thats just my opinion though

Brooski
    For the price...check out ACER. I love mine.
    http://global.acer.com/
    Mike, I bought my Acer almost a year ago, and I am very happy with it. Battery life is about 2 hours. I use it for mostly word processing, and music and DJing stuff. Lots of choices out there....I agree with the wireless thing. I love that part of it. Roam around my house anywhere... Good luck

TrojanDan
    Costco has a $500 off Passport coupon coming up July11-July17 for Dell computers (both notebook and desktops). You have to be the primary member to get these booklets in the mail. I believe you order the Dell computer thru Costco.com though. Costco rules!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123