Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PROPS ARE FINE

liberator21
    IT TAKES ABOUT 800 HP AND AT LEAST 500 FT LBS OF TORK TO RUN AROUND 80 MPH IN A JET. YOU CAN RUN 90 WITH A STOCK 2.5 MERC., AND CAN RUN THAT ALL DAY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SLOW DOWN TO LET THE OIL COOL DOWN. BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF YOUR ON THE WATER, THATS ALL THAT COUNTS. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.

RR1/ 001
    Originally posted by liberator21:
    IT TAKES ABOUT 800 HP AND AT LEAST 500 FT LBS OF TORK TO RUN AROUND 80 MPH IN A JET. YOU CAN RUN 90 WITH A STOCK 2.5 MERC., AND CAN RUN THAT ALL DAY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SLOW DOWN TO LET THE OIL COOL DOWN. BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF YOUR ON THE WATER, THATS ALL THAT COUNTS. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.
    WHAT ? 800HP to run 80? Anyone want to buy an 800hp motor cheep...lol...Just dont put it on a dyno you might find out it`s a lot less...LMAO.. That was a good one I`m still LMAO... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool13.gif
    [This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited July 02, 2002).]

Kwicherbichen
    Yea, but jet boats look cool, sound cool, blast cool roosters, and definately get more women.
    I heard the variation of a funny joke once:
    Two guys are floating about a 1/4 mile away from a sandbar scoping out all the hot women there. One of the guys has an outboard and the other has a jet boat. After a few minutes of bs'ing the guy with the outboard says, "Hey lets race over there and screw one of those hot girls". The jet boat guy looks at him and says, "why don't I just cruise over there and screw'em all".

Blown509Liberator
    First If an 800hp motor only had 500 FtTq I think I would have to smack the builder.
    BTW it only took 500 hp w that 500 LbTq to push my 21' Liberator to 80 mph. at that hp my 502 would last forever what about your smokin bug killer? I think not.
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited July 02, 2002).]

fat rat
    Originally posted by liberator21:
    I think someones desk top dyno is off.....I'm making around 750 hp and running 90's in a 21' Daytona with full fuel and passengers and still haven't fine tuned anything yet.
    Your right about having fun and being safe.

picklefork1
    I am convinced that although horse power is important, it is your setup that is the deciding factor on whether or not you are going to be fast. No matter what your HP is if your setup isn't right it will continually rob you of performance. They go hand and hand. Back to liberator 21's comment about 800 horse running 80. I know a guy from these boards who is running a little over 600 horse and is up around 100. SETUP IS EVERYTHING

Hallett19
    yeah, and a jet wont chop your ****ing leg off or dice your body up like a salad shooter if you happen to have an accident. Not only that, but how fun is it to be in the channel at havasu stuck behind a 2 stroke eggbeater throwing smoke in your face like an old chevy in tiajuana? its not !! And if you need to go any faster than 70 in a boat, you are staring death in the face, especially in a small boat.

ratso
    I guess I stare Death in the face on a pretty regular basis, even kick its ass every once in a while.

intense
    Originally posted by Hallett19:
    yeah, and a jet wont chop your ****ing leg off or dice your body up like a salad shooter if you happen to have an accident. Not only that, but how fun is it to be in the channel at havasu stuck behind a 2 stroke eggbeater throwing smoke in your face like an old chevy in tiajuana? its not !! And if you need to go any faster than 70 in a boat, you are staring death in the face, especially in a small boat.
    What happens to your jet when cruising down the lake or on a high speed run and the motor quits???
    Not a pretty sight!

Intense, I will assume that the jet(if not equipped with a Jet-a-way ratchet or pop-off) might do about the same thing as a v-drive that was not equipped with a Whirl-a-way? That is the reason for the Whirl-a-way isn't it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast