Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PROPS ARE FINE

Sangster 79
    When a v-drive quits , even with a whirlaway or not you can still steer it (somewhat) a jet will usually jest hook to the right with no steering at all. The ratchet or jetaway only helps relieve excessive bowl pressure Neither will help if you loose power..

Old Charger
    What if you're running a decent size rudder with your jet?

Sangster 79
    Well, all I can say is next time your out in your boat put your foot to the floor,hold it there and turn the key off... You can see for yourself...I suggest you have a jacket on, plenty of open water,no one else in the boat with you..all the what if's and if you had that's don't mean squat unless there in place.. I'm not tring to be argumentive here.I used to own a few jetboats in my day. I,ve also had this happen to me, I'm talking from personal experence.. You can throw all the hypathetical(sp)situations outhere that you like. The facts speak for themselfs..
    I've also done this in or hydros, run it wide open and turn the key off before lifting, it's how you take an accurate plug reading in a v-drive...I personally won't do it in a jetboat with a Quote "decent size rudder" or not..

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Originally posted by Old Charger:
    What if you're running a decent size rudder with your jet?
    I don't see Jets Blow over backwards, only props - and that is a killer way to go! Dave

CrazyHippy
    Dont see a whole lot of "lake" jets over 100 either. And ANY tunnel hull can blow over if trimmed to run right.
    BJH

RR1/ 001
    Originally posted by Sangster 79:
    Well, all I can say is next time your out in your boat put your foot to the floor,hold it there and turn the key off... You can see for yourself...
    I have and it was in my Sunkist Jet a@ 65mph. It went straight. NO HOOK !
    I lost the power wire on my Hondo Jet Hydro @74mph and it also went straight. So I would have to say NOT ALL JET BOAT`S HOOK Right or Left some go straight
    [This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited July 03, 2002).]

spectras only
    20 foot spectra jet, 19 foot spectra jet, both keep going straight when engine shut off at WOT.

GlastronGuy
    I have an 18' jet boat with an E pump. The pump has a rudder. Wanna know how I check my plugs? I get going at WOT, turn off the key and coast to a stop. I've never been tossed or lost control.

Sangster 79
    Originally posted by RR1/ 001:
    I have and it was in my Sunkist Jet a@ 65mph. It went straight. NO HOOK !
    I lost the power wire on my Hondo Jet Hydro @74mph and it also went straight. So I would have to say NOT ALL JET BOAT`S HOOK Right or Left some go straight
    [This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited July 03, 2002).]
    Cool, you're the man RR1, Hope to see ya at the races on day, we can talk, sure your "your boat" may have went straight.. But with NO steering , what did it or could have run into....??????? post again when you can use your other head.....
    And I might add, were talking about 100 mph plus boats, if your runnin a Lake Cruisen Stock,Hot Tub,Family Cruiser,Squirt Boat in the 60 to 70 mph range, w/a big ole rooster tail throwen jet this is some thing you don't need to do, as it is a dangerous thing to do. Boats that are up in the triple digets do it this way to get an accurate reading at top end so the they can see how there runnin at the big end.
    [This message has been edited by Sangster 79 (edited July 03, 2002).]

Kurtis500
    I don't see Jets Blow over backwards, only props - and that is a killer way to go! Dave
    You gotta be kidding. 2 of the more popular wrecks on video are of Jackie at Firebird and the 'Dark Horse' blowing over backwards. One of these was even on RealTV.
    Both jets.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast