Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chowchilla K's....Great showing

BILLY.B
    Chowchilla turned out to be a very cool place for the K's to put on a show for the fan's that attened this event. There were 5 that showed up and if it were not for a bit of bad luck for K-134 driven by Chris Kenner and owned by Chuck Kraft at the end of the last heat on Sunday all 5 would of finished every heat all weekend. Driving a "K" had been a life long dream for Chris and the smile on his face was really neat to see, and his enthusiasm was off the chart. Nice job Chris, hope it continue's. Dave Bryant in the K-13 owned by Clyde Morgan continued to show that he is a boat to be reckoned with by winning one of the heat races on Sunday and finishing 2nd on Saturday twice, and again on Sunday in the other heat race, and with more seat time this could get very interesting. Dave is a very good driver not to mention an all around nice guy. By the way Dave I thought you should know that Clyde called me on the way home and he said that there would be more power for San Diego...So be prepared . Jim Bandelan in the K-8 also continued to show improvement and he also won one of the heats on Saturday. Jim is also a super cool guy who is in this for the excitement and fun that running a K boat can give. His boat is a new Spitfire hull built by Ron Bolton and is truly a piece of work. And Jim ....Don't be so hard on yourself it's just gonna take sometime to get used to your deal, and with more seat time i'm sure you'll be right there. Johnny Guthrie driving the K-16 also a Spitfire hull showed up and seemed to be having some handling problems. He was trying different propellers trying to get the one that would be best suited for his set up and it just looked liked he was struggling with it all weekend. Johnny and his dad have been running K's for alot of years so i'm sure they will get this problem figured out shortly and will back in the mix. Now in by best Clyde Morgan impersonation.....Tony Tony Tony, you need to slow down Tony, LOL . Tony Scarlata in the K-5 had a bit of trouble in the first heat on Saturday when the control arm broke ( control's the cav plate) and Tony had no control of the boat. Just to let you all know what it's like to listen to Tony on the head set when all this is going on, picture your wife yelling at you and saying in broken up words "It's blah blah blah LOOSE!!!!, and me saying back, "what was that?, I couldn't make out what you were saying". "Something blah blah blah broke". Me saying back to him with no idea what could of gone wrong other then maybe some broken turn buckles..."just stay calm and don't stack it up, cruise it around and we'll fix it when you get in". Now telling Tony to cruise it around is like telling an alcoholic he can only have one beer...Not gonna happen Chief. Tony managed to finish 4th and the crew...Allen, Hud, Craig, Rick, Bobby,Wayne,and myself got the problem fixed and Tony went on to win the final. Tony had a bit of bad luck again in the first heat Sunday when the kill switch cap came off and shut the engine down. Tony got it started and finished in 3rd. The final had Tony on a mission and it was not without some tense moments when the "Class Bully" would not fire. He missed the parade lap but it finally started and Tony caught the pack took his lane and ended the day in 1st place. Now I gotta tell you that being a part of this crew is really a ton of fun. The pit is a laugh a minute, and the cast of characters, myself excluded, is just off the chart. No one is safe even on the drive home. Just ask Dave Rankin and crew, and Jim Bandalin and crew as they were punked on the way home by the K-5 crew going down hwy 99. Remember always close your ZIPPER!!!!. The "BOLT NAZI" was showing his like a bad little boy, we promise this won't happen again :jawdrop:

Mrs Luvnlife
    Good racing this weekend.....got lots of video of Tony.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Thanks to all who fed or taxied me around and Michelle and Dean for the Motorhome perch .
    This was the best K race yet since the revival with IHBA. The look on Bandelins and Avery's face after they were ZIPPERED was priceless....
    Luvnlifes you guys are too cool. If you didn't have the kids you would have got zippered too around Bako
    Good to meet you Ineedov!
    Hopefully Wildchild80 or some other high Rankin official can recap the ss races for us
    Jerry

V-DRIVES RULE
    Of course i went to Chowchilla where all the REAL FAST boats hang! Hey ROMAN good seeing you! I stopped the K-5 pit saterday night those guys know how to PARTY they were making something called ''MONTANA MUDS" that blender never shut off those things were tasty also something called ''KUNG FOO SCHROOMS'' damn those were good! anyway had a great time nice to meet everybody! Oh yeah TONY KICKED ASS AND TOOK NAMES #1 qualifier TAF and had the crowd on there feet sunday in the K!

Roman 1
    Of course i went to Chowchilla where all the REAL FAST boats hang! Hey ROMAN good seeing you! I stopped the K-5 pit saterday night those guys know how to PARTY they were making something called ''MONTANA MUDS" that blender never shut off those things were tasty also something called ''KUNG FOO SCHROOMS'' damn those were good! anyway had a great time nice to meet everybody! Oh yeah TONY KICKED ASS AND TOOK NAMES #1 qualifier TAF and had the crowd on there feet sunday in the K!
    Hey you too bud! Its been a while since I've seen a K race. Its only a short drive from Bass lake I'll definately go again. I didn't see 1 yuppie!
    R1

dossangers
    I dont think you could have more fun at a Boat race than we did AWESOME TIME The GREATEST FRIEND'S around. And a Big THANKS to CARRIE for dinner and lunch to go with all the CORONA'S and CRAIGS drinks! You know seeing the ZIPPER scars you for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!! :2purples: :2purples:

Mrs Luvnlife
    Luvnlifes you guys are too cool. If you didn't have the kids you would have got zippered too around Bako
    Jerry
    :supp: Don't tell me I missed out on something good??!!! :supp: Were you in that truck too??? :idea: Scared the crap outta me....heard the whistle and immediately figured we were losing the cart off the back or something. Sheesh...and I coulda used a little excitement about that time in the trip back home!! Oh, and.....the kids were sleeping!! :hammer2:

Chris Kenner - PS681
    Thanks Billy for the kind words, appreciate it greatly mate!!! It was a great show overall for the K - boats & I am truly sorry we broke the engine. I gotta say though I had an awesome time in Chowchilla. As you mentioned driving a "K" has been a life long dream for me & to have it finally come true driving for Chuck Kraft, words can't express my excitement, what an experience. I still got a huge smile on my face, probably be there for a while I am thinking.
    I need to thank a some people that have helped me achieve my "K - Boat" dream in boat racing. My dad & brother both ex - racers, if it wasn't for them this disease we call boat racing would not be in my blood & I would most likely not be doing this now. A huge thanks to my good lil' buddy Larry Hamilton, without the chance you gave me & took on me a few years back to drive here in the USA I doubt any of this would have happend. Also Dave Bryant, Big ED, Jeff Brochheuser, Dan Bertone, Brian & Phil Bergeron & Chuck Kraft.
    Honestly words cannot express the appreciation I have for all of the opportunity's, help & support you have all given me & continue to give me to make my boat racing dreams come to life. Thank you so much guys. You are all truly great mates!!!
    Over the last few years I have made some great friends here in the USA boat racing family that I will value for life, I have got to see some amazing places & I still gotta pinch myself sometimes to make sure this is really happening. Heres to many many more great fun safe weekends of racing in the future!!!! Can't wait for Burley this weekend to get my butt in that PS681 boat of Brochheuser's & have some more fun times!!!!
    Also a big thanks to the K- 134 crew that helped us over the weekend in Chowchilla: Chuck, Travis, Brian, Robert, Kelcie, Myrle, Joey Grose for the tune up advice & anyone else I have forgotten. Thanks so very much guys, it would not happen without it being a team effort!!! Hopefully we get to play in the K another time.
    See ya'll in Burley.
    CK

INEEDAV
    Thanks to all who fed or taxied me around and Michelle and Dean for the Motorhome perch .
    This was the best K race yet since the revival with IHBA. The look on Bandelins and Avery's face after they were ZIPPERED was priceless....
    Good to meet you Ineedov!
    Hopefully Wildchild80 or some other high Rankin official can recap the ss races for us
    Jerry
    It was nice meeting you too Jerry, as well as Hud, Tony, Wayne, Craig, Allen, Bobby B, Cole Man, Jimmy and everyone else at CFW and Chowchilla.
    Tony and Billy, thanks for letting me hang out there in pits Saturday. I had an awfully good time there at the races, maybe too much on Saturday, I was slippin' and sliddin' all over the road in that Montana Mud on the way back to Sacramento to catch that flight.
    Shame the weather at CFW was so poor on Thursday and Friday, only got to see a few of the boats there run between storms.

bondsman
    Billy B, Hud, Wayne, The Bolt Nazi, Bobby the wild man, Montana Mud Guy, Tony, Kari and everybody in the Scarlatta pits.....Thank you for the Hospitality and the hang over. You guys should charge admission! JM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast