Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is water pulled into the engine from the lake?

davidr34
    My boat is not pulling any water into the engine... I checked all my lines and they were all free flowing. The water comes in from the jet, right? So could there be a problem in there? Any help would be awesome thank you....

riverbound
    This may sound stupid but did you check to make sure you gate or ball valve is open??
    The other thing I have heard of happening is the wear ring sliding and covering the hole that lets the water in.

cole13
    My boat is not pulling any water into the engine... I checked all my lines and they were all free flowing. The water comes in from the jet, right? So could there be a problem in there? Any help would be awesome thank you....
    There is a line that come off the inside of the jet. it is an easy check to see if you are getting water there. Pull off the hose and start the boat. It should come out pretty good. If you are not getting water there, then it could be clogged from debris or you are going to need a pump re-build.

davidr34
    yeah the valve is open... how much does it cause to rebuild a pump

cole13
    yeah the valve is open... how much does it cause to rebuild a pump
    Depends, you can do it yourself for like $400. Put if you take it someone, which I would do is around 600-1000, depending on who you use. I would take it someone who has done a lot of these pumps. I know there is a couple of guys here that can give you a reputable number. It really makes a difference in the boat if it is done right.

davidr34
    Yeah i bet i dont want to try and do it myself..

canuck1
    building pumps is not hard, lots of help here

Who says he needs a pump rebuild? Kind of rushing to conclusions here, guys. Before getting too carried away, check the water pipe from the pump for blockage. I've known a few people who have gotten crap trapped in there. The pipe is pretty easy to remove. Also check to see that your water control valve(if you have one) actually opens when you turn the handle.

Cas
    if you run into troubles, there's a real good jet boat guy right near you.
    Jet Boat Performance
    Phone: (805) 466-4719
    Fax: (805) 462-0956
    Address: 8410 # M El Camino Real
    Atascadero, CA 93422
    Email: jetboatinfo@sbcglobal.net

davidr34
    Yeah when i had the boat on the water the pump felt ok just wasnt getting water into the engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast