Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: blown Flattbottom guys

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    That thing must be a rocket ship and haul donkey off the line with the 15's...
    JEA,YOUR IN TRACY JUST DOWN THE BYRON HWY FROM ME,what kinda boat do you run....
    actually i might tone it down with some 18% gears

JEA557
    TrickPony 557, Cole TR2 7/8 runner bottom. I'm on Highway 33 at the far south end of Tracy... We'll have to hook up some time. I'm good buddies with Craig in the blue TR1...

Kurtis500
    Do you guys hear the motor rising in RPM the whole way down the track? Or does it spin up then drop down after the prop catches. When I kick it in gear it starts at about 3500 then starts to climb till around 6600 at the finish. I've known forever that 37% gears and 3 blade cleaver is pulling the motor way down. But its still gettin there. After looking at this I may run the gear ratio down in the mid 20's. Anyone run a 3 blade cleaver on a hydro?

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    ya craig and i hung out last week at cfw,nice guy.one of the best looking tr-1's ive seen,and ive seen your boat at the track quite a bit...yea will have to hook up someday....... :coffeycup

JEA557
    Do you guys hear the motor rising in RPM the whole way down the track? Or does it spin up then drop down after the prop catches. When I kick it in gear it starts at about 3500 then starts to climb till around 6600 at the finish. I've known forever that 37% gears and 3 blade cleaver is pulling the motor way down. But its still gettin there. After looking at this I may run the gear ratio down in the mid 20's. Anyone run a 3 blade cleaver on a hydro?
    I'm not a hydro guy but know alot of guys that run three blades. That does sound like a pretty big gear. Once my prop stops burrning the rpm does rise all the way down the track. She really comes alive around half track because of the blower. Remeber when were leaving the line were leaving with what ever our compression ratio is and then it picks up as we hit some R's. Thats why I was'nt happy with the 22's.
    I finally realized why the big tunnel ram motors can run such a big gear and leave so hard. They have their compresion and torque right off the line. We have to wait for our bloweres to kick in...

T-Bag
    Was that fastest or quickest or both? I'm not sure mine would even stay together at 8900rpm.
    That was our average the quickest was a 7.41 with 4.00 at the 1/8 and the fastest was 142.9. this was in a blown gas flat and would see those rpm,s every race.

JEA557
    That was our average the quickest was a 7.41 with 4.00 at the 1/8 and the fastest was 142.9. this was in a blown gas flat and would see those rpm,s every race.
    I'm with ya brother, a real blown gas flat, not a struggeling bracket racer...

FLYTE RISK
    TrickPony 557, Cole TR2 7/8 runner bottom. I'm on Highway 33 at the far south end of Tracy... We'll have to hook up some time. I'm good buddies with Craig in the blue TR1...
    Suicycole dimarco when do you ever go to the drags??? :shift: Jea557 I know your neighbor J.D from LLNL..

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    where you at?flyte..i never said i was at the drags..... :messedup:

Cole Man II
    Hay flyte,
    Out of curiosity I threw a tape on the boat last night and found the distance from the barrel of the strut to the end of the plate to be 26 1/2". If I'am not mistaken your new set up was around 27". I also measured from the transom to the rear motor plate and found this to be 35".
    I was wondering if you might share where your old set up was, and changes you saw with the new set up?
    Cole Man.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast