Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy used tires?

NorCal Gameshow
    I put 70k on some take-offs before...
    on used tires there was a issue with direction on break in and maintaining that direction or you would have ply separation. I don't know if that's still a problem...
    EDIT--> direction not an issue :hammerhea
    http://www.justtires.com/img/x-pattern.jpg

boater72
    if you are buying factory take offs it is one thing, but to buy used worn used tires is pretty iffy, they came off someone vechile for a reason,
    This is the truth if there not buy new!

WYRD
    Would you buy a used condom?.....didn't think so
    Well there is room for discussion here :idea:
    as far as the tires go...........picture this.............aside from the safety concerns say you buy the used tires and save some $$.............you head out to the river and have a flat. Now you have to get out in 100and teen something weather look at the tire shot right? No road hazard so now you have to buy another tire lets say 50 dollars there. what if you bent a rim? that is at least 100 bucks......ok how did the tread come off? bang up a fender? how bout the boat trailer? scuff anything up? by now I am sure you are sweating your ballz off wishing you stayed home cause this river trip is already sucking and when it comes down to it how much did you really save now that it took you an hour and a half in the heat to change a tire.................Oh crap now you don't have a spare what if a second tire blows in this heat? How much will a tow truck cost? Man I am pissed now an it hasn't even happened yet!!!!! point being spend the money and get the new tires you will thank yourself in the long run

ROZ
    I bought a used car once... The tires were used, too....
    I agree with hoss...

dmontzsta
    Here is another way to look at it (the way I look at things). If you are spending X amount of dollars, just put the little bit extra beyond that point to buy the good stuff, you will be much happier. :idea:

Speedin' Ian
    I bought used Procomps for my lifted F-250, got all four for $150.00 and I've had them for a year with no problems.

callbob4homes
    used condom?.................sure, just wash the f@ck out of it first! :idea:

AZKC
    Used tires are fine Everyone out there driving is on used tires once there mounted. What everybody buys new tires after 10-20000 miles :notam:
    And besides it kinda like recycling. Road hazards are rip offs anywho :notam: Give them a good once over if they hold air and balance out good. Save that $600 for gas money

jackpunx
    even if the tires last all year.. You'll be buying piece of mind.. I spend alot of time in the rear view mirror looking at my trailer tires.. they are not old or warn.. but you never know..
    A couple extra bucks on the front end will save you tons of headache..
    think about what your time is worth..
    what do they pay you at work..
    if you spend 5hrs of your weekend or vacation time trying to fix the tire.. how much did it cost you anyway?
    I figure my weekend or vacation rate is at least double my wadge.. so.. I get the best stuff I can on all our cars.
    good luck on what ever you choose

Nate56
    I need to buy some new tires and was thinking about BF Goodrich All Terraines for my 02 duramax, and going with a larger tire....maybe 33s/285s. Well I priced them out and they are very expensive $175.00 per tire....so i went down to the used tire shop and found 4 good BFs for $75.00 installed. I thought cool what a great deal...but my buddy was saying that he would NEVER buy used especially if i am driving back and forth to the river in 120 degree weather...So he has me thinking twice about my used tires...
    What do you think?????
    Send those tires my way.. I can always use another set.. Funny this topic came up, I just bought some 35" bfg mud terrain with about half life on them this weekend from a guy.. You can't beat $100 for all 4 tires..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast