Thread: RJB Temporary Message Board

GL360
    Will someone please post a link for the 'temporary' RJB message board Jim Lee put together? Thanks!

dankirk
    Here you go:
    http://disc.server.com/Indices/152642.html
    [This message has been edited by dankirk (edited September 24, 2001).]

GL360
    Thanks!

GlastronGuy
    I haven"t been able to get on there for days. Is it down?

The RJB message board is up and running with no problems. The RJB website is a different story. I was unable to access anything on NBCi.com or Xoom.com, which is where the site is. It was mentioned on the RJB forum that it has something to do with being infected by the worm?
    Hey Chris, I just tried to get to your homepage and had the same problem I have been having with the RJB site.
    How's the Honda?
    Craig
    [This message has been edited by OLDSQUIRT (edited September 24, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by OLDSQUIRT (edited September 24, 2001).]

GlastronGuy
    Craig
    I got the head back from the shop, they resurfaced it and it passed the pressure check. I am going to put it together on friday. The intake manifold had some gasket sealant on it but the Haynes manual dosen't call for any. Should I use some? Thanks. BTW
    I can't get on the RJB messageboard, I time out everytime.

flat broke
    Nimda and the recent vote virus have done quite a bit of damage around the net. The IIS related portion of nimda is probably why the NBCi sites are not up. I know of a couple of businesses that just unplugged the ethernet to their servers on Monday morning while they worked on getting things repaired and safe to connect to the net. Even my lame ass company's intranet site got whacked and they still haven't got it back up. And that site sits behind a NAT and is only accessible outside the WAN via VPN.
    The moral of the story... go out, buy, burrow, or whatever, a copy of NAV and keep it updated. I found 120 quarantined instances of nimda on my desktop at work on Tuesday afternoon. Had I not been keeping my updates current, my box would now be over in IT getting a new image. Thumbs up to whoever is hosting the HB board, because I don't beleive they suffered any down time as a result of recent virus issues.
    Chris

Eric
    Maybe the Hot boat people are smart enough to be running UNIX boxes instead of the MS crapola.
    All of our webservers are Sun boxes. It makes me laugh to see all these worm infected MS webservers shooting http ipscans all over the net. They hit our Sun webservers and try to run a .exe file. HA!
    Eric