Thread: c-500 mounting plates

lucky
    ok - I'm having to do some changing on my pig ! I'm going to eliminate the old rubber mount ( floating ) mounts and want to mount it solid - what type of plate do you prefer ? this is a lake boat and that's all it will ever be ! so I'm thinking about stainless - since i only have the original mounting (4") flange with four mounting holes so i'm thinking 3/8 plates ??? any input :idea: if any have done this post pics !

GofastRacer
    Just make solid bushings to replace the rubber ones!..

lucky
    Just make solid bushings to replace the rubber ones!..
    just fly your ass up here :

GofastRacer
    just fly your ass up here :

lucky
    yea last night was - a good night , in terms of v drive alignment - - I ended up having to move the drive 1" foward so the angle is correct - I have 1/8" clearence off the bottom of the boat checked for square - and it even ran down the center of the boat and was right now the bad news - i do believe i will have to get a longer shaft and drive line to make it "right " nothing has been drilled yet as i will check and re check like five more times ( when i discovered puss - it only took me 5 minutes to get er done ) now i think this boat is fauking me lol and its taking it's own sweet time ! Art - sorry i keep asking you all these questions - but i have to start some where ! be patient with me boating father -

or machine the case and make a split case out of it with a plate through the center.

lucky
    or machine the case and make a split case out of it with a plate through the center.
    i'm not taking that bastard apart again -- lmao I'll end up doing this next time i change gears - errrr i mean pay some one to do it - I lost a month of sundays trying to clearence that pecker