Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R & S trailers

SPECTRABRENT
    Anybody know about these trailers?
    I have seen a few triple axel under some Schiadas.
    Brent

Roman 1
    Nice trailers.
    R1

SPECTRABRENT
    Do you know of any problems with the trailer falling apart?
    Brent

bigriverdog
    I've owned one and it was a good piece. R&S is now Hoss Trailers out of Lake Havasu. The owners name was Rick. Hope that helps.

SPECTRABRENT
    BIgRiverDog,
    Do you have the phone# for Hoss Trailers?
    Thanks,
    Brent

Prime 8780
    Unfortunately the place you are looking for is no longer. A couple of weeks ago we contacted zieman (used to be Hoss) and they had informed us that all of the records of Hoss trailers were disposed of.
    As for your question in regards to their trailers falling apart. If it is a box tube trailer they will all eventually rust and break. It is just one of those things you deal with to "look cool." I am not saying that any particular brand is better or worse than others it is just a proven fact. Most of them can be repaired but if it has been in salt water it is probably more likely to happen sooner.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike @ Prime Marine
    www.primemarineusa.com

DeltaSigBoater
    I have a R&S trailer that was custom built for the our lake lice 13 years ago. Still looks pretty good, no rust.
    Just I wish I knew then what I know now, I never would've have lobbied for them, instead I would've have pushed for a boat. At least I could've sold the boat for what we paid for it (if not more depending on the boat).

SPECTRABRENT
    Unfortunately the place you are looking for is no longer. A couple of weeks ago we contacted zieman (used to be Hoss) and they had informed us that all of the records of Hoss trailers were disposed of.
    As for your question in regards to their trailers falling apart. If it is a box tube trailer they will all eventually rust and break. It is just one of those things you deal with to "look cool." I am not saying that any particular brand is better or worse than others it is just a proven fact. Most of them can be repaired but if it has been in salt water it is probably more likely to happen sooner.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike @ Prime Marine
    www.primemarineusa.com
    Mike,
    This trailer is a triple axel lowered with nice wheels & tires and chrome fenders. It looks like the owner did put it in salt water and it has rust on it. Can this be fixed with a good sand blast and new paint or powder coat? IMO, its needs to be raised about 2 to 3 inches and have some extra braces or crossmembers welded for support. I would like to put my Spectra 20 on it, but not if its going to fall apart down the road.
    Thanks,
    Brent

Prime 8780
    Hi Brent,
    I am sure you could re-furbish the trailer (sandblast and paint) and it would last for quite a few years, but to make certain I would probably get in touch with someone who can put some kind of paintable galvanized coating and treat the rust on it. This would give you a little more peace of mind knowing that you would have at least slowed the rust process down a bit. If you need a place that can do the sandblasting, painting, and refurbishing I can give you a phone number to a local vendor that we use all the time.
    Good Luck,
    Mike @ Prime Marine
    www.primemarineusa.com

Boat211
    There is a company in Patterson Ca. (Nor Cal) called Sport Boat Trailers. 209-892-5388. They build a pretty nice trailer for a reasonable price. I had them build one for my Cyclone. They mostly build for Comp boats but will do anything you want. Just throwin it out there.
    Hey there Mike
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast