Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DOG'S and the MAILMAN

mororless
    Here is my .02 cents. I read electric meters for 12 years and the dog trainers told us that day after day the mail man comes on to the dogs territory. the dogs barks and barks and the bad man leaves. It gets reinforced everyday so the dog thinks that every time he comes the dog chase's him off. Same with UPS and all others.

upsman105
    Here is my .02 cents. I read electric meters for 12 years and the dog trainers told us that day after day the mail man comes on to the dogs territory. the dogs barks and barks and the bad man leaves. It gets reinforced everyday so the dog thinks that every time he comes the dog chase's him off. Same with UPS and all others.
    Everybody hates the mailman, but this is pretty much the truth, the dogs get used to barking and the offender goes away. plus the fact that dogs see in black and white, and it looks strange to them to see someone all in one color.

plaster dave
    Cool thanks for all the info.

voodoomedman
    Everybody hates the mailman, but this is pretty much the truth, the dogs get used to barking and the offender goes away. plus the fact that dogs see in black and white, and it looks strange to them to see someone all in one color.
    I don't know about you but I know some of our other drivers carry doggy treats with them so the dogs begin to like them.

Her454
    My dog doesn't like the mailman or PG&E guys.

rivergoer
    Why do they hate them?? Everytime my mailman comes to drop off the mail she want to kill him but is never like that with anyone else like a door to door sales man or someone that she doesn't know, just the mailman. Anyone got a reason why anyone. Thanks tired of my dog barking at him Dave.
    my dogs are boxers and they had the sme problem so i gave the mailman a frenchie mask and now its like they are best freinds.. :jawdrop:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123