Thread: Exhaust Question

P-Money
    8-71, 496BBC, intercooled, 20.5 Cole bowrider, blah, blah, blah.....for the time being I'm going to have to run log-style manifold and risers (I know, there goes all the HP out the window). If I slow the blower way down (15% underdriven), does anyone see any potential problems with running this shitty of an exhaust on a motor like this? I know I'm choking this poor thing to death.
    The headers I have just won't line up right and my only other option is throwing zoomies on it, which I didn't want to do. Thanks for the input.

TIMINATOR
    The logs have enough backpressure and keep enough heat in the exhaust tract to make the valve run hot enough to micro weld itself to the guide. Destruction follows. "Get away with" and "blower "are mutually exclusive. Unless you feel lucky........... TIMINATOR

Huffer
    To Loud For Me!run The Logs Till Get The Right Headers!

mondorally
    My boat came with logs - 6-71 overdriven 12%, 468BBC. I've ran it hard with no problems to date (knocks on wood). Hourmeter says 60, of which I've put 10 or so. Can't wait to see what it will do with a real manifold.
    JH