Thread: ARGH!!! Oil pan nightmare!!

wet77
    Trying my best to get my boat in the water ASAP and putting together my 540 right now this week everything is there except my MILODON oil pan
    Ordered through Jegs and they said they called Milodon and they had them on the shelf
    When my engine builder called to order the part the guy he talked to said that was (salesman hype) and said we will try our best but dont expect it for a while :jawdrop:
    Anyway to make matters worse it says (features screw in oil dipstick) but now I am told its not included :burningm:
    Has anyone ordered this pan and if so what parts did you get and what did you do for a oil dipstick???
    HELP!!!

sdpm
    I have used and sold many of their pans. Are you getting pt# 31557 10 qt jet pan? Remember it does not come with a pick up!! The dip stick is a screw in type with a rod welded onto it. You will need to mark it where you want your oil level. With 8 1/2 to 9 qts in the pan you will be fine. If you put a quick drain oil line on it, you will need to drill and tap the oil drain plug for it to work.
    Also make sure to check the clearance from the p/u to the bottom of the pan. 1/4 to 3/8 inch is acceptable.
    If you have a problem getting this pan let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Wicked Performance Boats
    The dipstick comes with it. so does the windage tray. Call Dynaflow in Vegas, they probably got one. Budlight

wet77
    Thanks for the tips I hope it shows and I think I will call jegs to see if I can track the shipping proggress
    I will let my builder know of the clearance issues
    So the dipstick does come with it?
    Milodon #31557
    Yes we ordered the pickup with it :wink:

Wicked Performance Boats
    Yes it comes with it. and Definately check on Jeg's as it may be back ordered. They won't tell you if you don't ask. Budlight

Heatseeker
    I f you don't get the dipstick with it, I think I have the original from my Milodon pan. You're welcome to it. I made a stainless replacement.

wet77
    I f you don't get the dipstick with it, I think I have the original from my Milodon pan. You're welcome to it. I made a stainless replacement.
    Thanks I will keep that in mind